Herbert Glacier versus Mendanhall Glacier?

K_e_short

Is there a difference between these two glaciers in terms of experience, views, etc?

I want to do the helicopter/dogsled on a glacier tour and just noticed that the two I'm comparing are actually on two different glaciers.

Thanks you advance.

6 hours ago, katrina915 said:

Coastal took us to Herbert saying that it would be less crowded.  There was no one else on the glacier when we were there in July 2014.  One of the best excursions by the way if you can walk on it.

That is the exact tour I am looking at. Norwegian's tour is to Mendanhall and $100 per person more expensive.

Thank you for the feedback. It's a total bucket list item for me 🙂

• 1 month later...

I have flown to multiple glaciers.   Each is a single experience,   and in a constant state of change.   It does NOT matter.    

Do be aware that dog sledding is a lot more snow covered,  where a glacier landing is ice.   Glacier Dog Sledding tours are the most canceled of Alaska excursions.   I always recommend you know-  ahead-   with a canceled dog sled tours-   IF you would go on a regular glacier landing tour?   You'll need to make a fast decision.       IF a glacier dog sled priority,   book this at your first opportunity,    Then have numbers-  and you be on the phone to attempt to reschedule if canceled.