“Walk In” pools

123veranda

Was on Gem last summer with a friend who has limited mobility & they had a pool (it was the ‘family one’ I believe). It was her 1st cruise & she fell in love with cruising. Her favorite thing was this pool that you could walk into with 3 small steps ......no ladder.   Is anyone familiar with this and know if any other RC ships have it.  Thanks so much

1 hour ago, lrsxcchick said:

I'm not sure about Royal Caribbean since I've not sailed them. However, the Norwegian Sun and Norwegian Sky both have the "walk-in" family pools as well. 

These are the only two ships I've sailed so that is the only input I can offer.

Do you know how deep the pools are on Norwegian Sun?

16 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Do you know how deep the pools are on Norwegian Sun?

I don't remember exactly how deep, unfortunately. But there are two pools on the main deck. The family pool and the adults only pool.

The family pool has the two sets of steps down from the side closest to the 4 hot tubs. It is fairly shallow here, no higher than around waist deep (I'm 5' 8"). This gets deeper the further toward the far side you go. I believe a max of about 6 feet. 

The adult pool is the same height across the whole pool, and always deeper than 7 feet. I want to say 7' 8", but I'm not 100% sure. Ther ed are several ladders in this pool. I like this one for when I've been sitting in the hot tub too long and need to cool off. 🙂

There are 4 hot tubs in between the two pools. Two of the hot tubs are more like lukewarm and two are actually hot. Also, two of the hot tubs are considered family and two are adults only (these are labeled).

There is also a "kids pool" and "kids hot tub" on the next deck up at the far forward section of the ship. These are hardly ever used. No staff is watching them. The kids pool is very small and extremely shallow. When I was on the sun hardly any children were in board - this was an included bar cruise. The children that were on board never used this pool. It's a good place to go if you want a quieter area to be and still be in a hot tub or pool (less crowded too!).

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of what is on board! 

*Not there are no water slides on this ship. Also, the children's pool is extremely small and doesn't have a play are for kids like some of the bigger ships.