Recent Triumph cruisers with FTTF

ajenali

With the current delayed boarding, did you find the fttf worth it? (other than the guest services line).  Did they still call platinum and fttf to board first? were all cabins already open for guests? 

Cant decide to keep it or cancel. Sailing in 3 days. 

Just to clarify they call Diamonds, Platinums, and Suites in that order for boarding (some ports call everyone in the priority area at the same time). How long this take depends on how many guests are in the priority waiting area/room.  After that is done, FTTF is called next for boarding, then they start calling Zone 1, Zone 2, etc.  Wedding parties also have priority but they are a unique animal that you don’t see every cruise. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just to clarify they call Diamonds, Platinums, and Suites in that order for boarding (some ports call everyone in the priority area at the same time). How long this take depends on how many guests are in the priority waiting area/room.  After that is done, FTTF is called next for boarding, then they start calling Zone 1, Zone 2, etc.  Wedding parties also have priority but they are a unique animal that you don’t see every cruise. 

Yes, i have had fttf before and am aware of boarding priority. just trying to decide if it is worth it on this sailing since boarding is delayed. 

No, given that N.O. is one of the most expensive ports for FTTF and boarding is already later, it is not worth it.  Several weeks ago we got the same notice.  We decided to wait until 1:15 to get to the port.  We carried on our own luggage and went straight to our room.  It was one of our easiest port experiences ever.  We turn platinum on our next cruise, but if we didn't we would not  buy FTTF.

11 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

No, given that N.O. is one of the most expensive ports for FTTF and boarding is already later, it is not worth it.  Several weeks ago we got the same notice.  We decided to wait until 1:15 to get to the port.  We carried on our own luggage and went straight to our room.  It was one of our easiest port experiences ever.  We turn platinum on our next cruise, but if we didn't we would not  buy FTTF.

Thank! I think i will go ahead and cancel it. 

Agree with Lee Cruiser.  I had it in October and it was not worth it for us from a boarding standpoint.  I generally look at FTTF as a way to save on the cost of lunch (makes it more of a wash if I have a later boarding time when feeding a family).  We could've saved the FTTF money, grabbed lunch elsewhere and shown up about 1pm

1 minute ago, Lee Cruiser said:

It is based on the cruise length, but it also varies from port to port.  If I remember correctly, the price is $79.95 for a 4-5 day cruise out of N.O.

That's what is currently showing as the price for a 5 day out of Galveston.

Ahhh, looks like it's based on the ship

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

For example

$59.95 USD

5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation

$79.95 USD

5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)

I had fttf in January and was told that doors would open at 12:30 by port worker I dropped off luggage and went to riverwalk mall next door for 1 hour , showed up at 12:30 went thru security sat down for 45 minutes and boarded after platinum etc. I also received notice to show up later but disregarded it . I would use again 

11 minutes ago, quebecnorthern cruisers said:

I had fttf in January and was told that doors would open at 12:30 by port worker I dropped off luggage and went to riverwalk mall next door for 1 hour , showed up at 12:30 went thru security sat down for 45 minutes and boarded after platinum etc. I also received notice to show up later but disregarded it . I would use again 

So it sounds like you got on just a few minutes before us.  We arrived at the port about 1:15.  When we got there, we went through security and was able to go right on the ship without waiting 45 minutes and without paying $80 for FTTF.  Since it was going to be 1:30 by the time we got on, we carried on all our luggage and were able to go straight to our rooms and unpack.  For us, short cruises out of N.O. (no tender ports) just don't offer enough benefit to pay $80.

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, WIFamily said:

That's what is currently showing as the price for a 5 day out of Galveston.

Ahhh, looks like it's based on the ship

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

For example

$59.95 USD

5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation

$79.95 USD

5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)

Yes, that seems right