Golden Princess Dolphin Deck Cabin 425

csp1981

This is our 2nd cruise so we are still newbies. A couple of questions-

We are staying in cabin 425 Dolphin Deck on the Golden Princess for cruise in March. Does anyone have any pictures or comments about location. I see it is near a door and don't know if that will be a problem or not.

Also we are starboard--is that good or bad for Southern Caribbean route?

We were in this cabin last June. Midship location is very convenient. We never heard any noise from the elevators, just occasionally the sound of someone walking down the hall. Never heard any noise from the relatively close steward's station either. We didn't take any pictures of the cabin itself, but it is the same as any other Grand class minisuite. The door you referenced is simply a fire door that stays open at all times unless there was an alarm. We were assigned this cabin after booking an AD guarantee and couldn't have been happier with the location. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

We were in D729 (which is almost as far back as you can get) this past week.

These are mini-suites and the balcony is uncovered. I know there have been a lot of posts about covered vs uncovered but that doesn't bother me.

I did have a problem with some clown dropping a beer can near my head one afternoon. I only ask that if you drop a beer, please make sure it's full, and preferably cold.

We just got back from the Golden 1/14 and were in D422.

Location is perfect, mid-ship which makes rough seas almost unnoticeable. We were Port Side, Sun was really not a problem as for 1/2 the time one side of the ship gets it and other side does not. It is very convenient to the elevators which are very close. Perfect spot.

If you would like to see a Dolphin Deck balcony, I've got a photo on my web site. I took photos from my Caribe balcony just a few weeks ago on the New Years cruise on the Golden. Go to cjscollection.com and click on the "Photo Gallery" link on the left side of the page (top). Then, click on the "Islands" album. These are a few photos of the S. Caribbean cruise we took. Balcony photos are near the end of the slide show. There are maybe 30 photos in this album.

• 2 weeks later...

My DH and I are booked on the 10/17 sailing from Rome to Venice, and this is our first time on Princess. Have done two Holland trips in the Mediterranean and could not have been happier, but they didn't have an itinerary that "fit" in 2006 so we decided to try this. I, too, have been obsessing about the Dolphin Deck cabin, and it is a miracle our TA hasn't fired me yet! We originally switched to D731 (or D732) which has a VAST terrace, but when I took a closer look, the room itself was the tradeoff - it is designed to be left in a twin configuration, and if you do convert to queen, which the Princess site says can't be done, but internet photo albums show different, you can't see the TV from the bed, which kind of defeats the point of a two-TV configuration in the room. Also, these two rooms are "shower only" and actually appear to be handicap friendly to some extent. We are now back in D701, at least for the moment...

Anyway, after reading the posts here, I am happy with our decision to take the mini-suite on the Doplhion Deck and would love to hear from anyone else who has stayed in these rooms to learn more. Thanks all!

We had Dolphin 418 on the Star Princess (near twin to the Golden) and loved the location. Here are pics of our cabin:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/star2004/PhotoAlbum56.html

After looking at your pictures, I can't wait. We sail on Golden 4/15 in D421. The cabins look lovely! I am hoping that our deck has lounge chairs though. Thank you for sharing your photos!

Debbie

Hi

Just got off the Golden 1/28/06. Had Mini for 2 weeks for our b2b--#410--had no noise--except for a couple of nights of high seas--w/stabilizers and creaking--I would guess anywhere on the ship would have had some of this.

Great cruise--high seas or not--the good part is that you are going to be in port in the morning

We were about 3 cabins from the elevators--no noise at all

Have fun

Nancy;)

Hi rich_cathybrock -

We were in D732 last December and had the bed first together, then apart. Probably we would have been fine with the bed together, but we didn't ask for the eggcrate mattress and the edges of the twins are very firm; the edge/crack has been a problem on other cruises for us, when the twins are pushed together. This would be the case in any room with twins instead of a true double, so take advice to request an eggcrate mattress to heart. You can still see the TV if the beds are configured as one, but you might want to open the sofa/bed and watch from there as the second tv is larger (the one in the beds area is quite small). With the beds in twin configuration, the room is extremely spacious feeling and we liked that, plus DH has a thing for the coziness of a twin bed if you get my drift.

There is also the semi-private hallway. Even though this cabin has no tub and the configuration is a bit different, we loved this room and would take it again over any other minisuite on Dolphin, no question.

Archived