Escape theater seating

bjtravelnews

Question for those of you who have cruised on the Escape.  I remember when we sailed on the Breakaway how uncomfortable the seats were in the Theater?  Is the design any better for the Escape seats?  Thanks so much everyone - I learn so much on these boards!

Yes OMG YES! The Breakaway seats were HORRIBLE, big ol bar sticking right into the backside. The Escape seats are comfy no worries. I think the Breakaway seats now have been changed as well. Last time I was on the Breakaway I remember commenting the seats were much better no more bar so they must have been changed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fourofakind said:

Yes OMG YES! The Breakaway seats were HORRIBLE, big ol bar sticking right into the backside. The Escape seats are comfy no worries. I think the Breakaway seats now have been changed as well. Last time I was on the Breakaway I remember commenting the seats were much better no more bar so they must have been changed.

Thanks for the response!  So good to know.  We took towels to the Breakaway Theater to cushion the seat - even then it was awful.  Glad to hear they have been replaced. 

Escape seating in the theater is much better than the Breakaway, more "legrooms" and spacing with the seatbacks.  Folks for the entire row don't need to rise & stand for "slimmer" passengers to walk past to get to their seats.  Seat width aren't like those in the main cabin of those new B737's flown by legacy US carriers.  

Besides, hours aren't 2 hours long ... After Midnight and now COM (replaced The Rat Pack) are shorter, about an hour in length.  

On a side note, sections nearest to the entrance are marked for pax with special needs or in wheelchairs.  

• Like 1