Dream 1/27/19- A Different Take

crisp1

We flew in on Friday to enjoy a day with our daughter and sil. Lunch at a local beer garden and dinner at Cava- the owner is friend with the kids. Harry Connick sr is a regular and the owner brought him by and introduced him to our table- great food and a fantastic banana flambe prepared table side.

First time in a Cove balcony. Enjoyed being close to the water and people watching when in port.We had to move the chairs in order to get a decent view. Cabin 2276 and the 2 to the right ( and I assume it’s the same on starboard ) don’t have life boats above, so the view is a little better than the other coves.

We got lucky with our team the first night with Your Time dining- Wesly, Gede and Gede- and requested their area for the entire week- efficient and friendly- never took more than an hour for dinner- but it wasn’t rushed either.
I was disappointed that the only option to be waited on for lunch was the pasta bar on deck 11- di not like the sauces at all or the sea day brunch- which did not have a single selection for us to ‘lunch’ on. Had to return on the last sea day just to redeem our drink coupon- we don’t drink at breakfast.

We took advantage of the wine bottle package. Found out you can only redeem those coupons in the main dining room- not a major problem, although we did have to pay full price in a lounge one night.
There is a happy hour on embarkation and sea days- the only white wine was a chardonnay, red, a cab.

We don’t go to the production or comedy shows, but do enjoy the live music. Initially I didn’t like the set up in the atrium, with the stage over the bar- in the end I prefer it that way. I also like the couches facing the stage on deck 4- much more comfy that sitting at a table for 2 and turning to see the band/ individuals playing. We did like the fact that there were only a pair of speakers set on stage for the atrium- other ships overdo ith with both the amount of speakers and the volume- one could actually have a conversation while the music was playing
Allure Strings were ok- different than what we often encounter on other lines
Other days had Dave Moretz- electric/acoustic guitar/vocals with self accompaniment - you have to see it to get it. 
Recap Acoustic played in the lobby as well as Ocean Plaza afternoons- also good
Ms Drumz also played in the lobby as well as up on the Lido - very good steel drum with recorded backing.
Showtime Brass was playing on embarkation day in the lobby- I thought they were a bit stiff until I saw the play with Lunar Sea in Ocean Plaza that night, making the band a 7 piece. The first 2 sets were jazz, the third rock with a male and female vocalist- this band was the best band I ever saw at sea. Each set was different and each musician talented- jazz, pop, rock, funk, Motown- they played it all.
We caught one set by Kemar in the piano bar- SRO- he obviously was good- never got back though.
Our POC were:
 Roatan- walked to the beach and got our passports stamped- after you get off the ship and get to the plaza ( beach to right ) make a left towards the craft market ther’e a building on the right with a red roof- stamps for donations.

Belize- Coral Gardens Shark and Rays and lunch on Cay Caulker- great coral heads/ formations but not enough time there- too much time for lunch. Tried to get our passports stamped- the kiosk is all the way through terminal 4, but was closed that day

Cozumel- snorkel and beach with Fury- coral a waste of time- too close to land- beach ok, burger and mac salad good. For Carnival and Princess ships once you get to the plaza go past the fountain and you’ll find a wide set of steps to the right, go up the steps and around the corner to a door. Got our passports stamped there
This was our fist time on a CCL ship in over 4 years ( have been working on the bucket list) Was not disappointed and would book another
Chris

Crisp,  Thank you for your review, I'll be going on the Dream for the first time next month!  My son started on the Dream on your cruise. By any chance did you get to see him at work?  His name on the ship is Marky Mark works on the Fun Squad. He's the guy in my account photo here on my post.

Thanks!

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

I didn't care much for Blackjack duo- but don't care for country music anyway. I thought the tv in the cabin was way too small and was fixed so you had to be in bed to watch anything properly. I did like that the fridge was empty- a usual pain for both pax and steward- does anyone ever buy anything it is stocked with?

Bobbi ( Markmom ) no, I didn't see your son, but we don't encounter the fun squad much on our cruises

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

crisp1...Did you miss Costa Maya?  DW has the Dream booked in April for her girls cruise. Their itinerary is Costa Maya, Roatan, Belize and Coz.

Costa Maya was not part of the itinerary for this cruise - 2 days @ sea, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, day @ sea

• Like 1