Chef's Table

dfdub

18 minutes ago, dfdub said:

When you are on a cruise over 25 days...  Do they have more than one "Chef's Table" and can you attend more than than one??

They can have more than one on any cruise over 7 days. On several 7 day cruises I have seen none and up to  2.

On 10 plus days I have seen 3.

It is all based on interest and signups and up to the MD and Executive Chef.

12 hours ago, dfdub said:

When you are on a cruise over 25 days...  Do they have more than one "Chef's Table" and can you attend more than than one??

Yes they have more than one but I am on the Royal now and I was told last night that all the chef's tables are fully booked, there will be three, and I can only attend one of them. 😞

On 2/10/2019 at 1:56 AM, crigs said:

Where do we sign up?  With the maitre d on the first night or guest services?

Call the "Dine Line" ASAP after you board the ship.

Edited by cboyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cboyle said:

Wow! Thank you for posting this. Very, very informative. 

It brings a question outside of the Chefs Table and that’s about the Crab Shack. I have never heard mention of it anywhere. I see the Emerald is a qualifying ship. Does it still exist?

Glenn

The Crab Shack is a "pop up" restaurant that opens intermittently in the "Cafe Caribe" section of the buffet.  If your take the after elevators (or stairs) to deck 15 where the buffet is, you can usually see the host/hostess station for the Crab Shack, as you walk from the elevator lobby.  On a 7-night cruise, I am guessing that it would be opened up 2, maybe 3, evenings. You can, generally, count on the fact that it will not be open on sailaway day.  I  could not tell you if there is any coordination between formal nights or Port/Sea days.

59 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Wow! Thank you for posting this. Very, very informative. 

It brings a question outside of the Chefs Table and that’s about the Crab Shack. I have never heard mention of it anywhere. I see the Emerald is a qualifying ship. Does it still exist?

Glenn

This link summarizes all the restaurant and dining venues on every Princess ship; just click on it.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

This is the listing for the Crab Shack:

image.thumb.png.8af5ff873fca54bd450bbd680b7edb09.png

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, hm9912 said:

Yes they have more than one but I am on the Royal now and I was told last night that all the chef's tables are fully booked, there will be three, and I can only attend one of them. 😞

So what you’re saying is those of us joining the cruise in Buenos Aires are essentially SOL 

Penny

12 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

So what you’re saying is those of us joining the cruise in Buenos Aires are essentially SOL 

Penny

I’m on a so called back to back cruise so if I miss my first chance maybe I’ll get a second chance. I only need to do it once to satisfy my curiosity but how elegant!

i called Princess direct and there was no way around it. You can only book it onboard which is already known. I just had to try. 

I hope the best for you and good luck!

Glenn

17 hours ago, Desert Kitty said:

Penny

When the cruise is sold in multiple segments,  the Chef's Table and Chef's Table Lumiere are organized separately for each segment.  On our last cruise, we attended the CTL and one of the guests was on a B2B2B; this was his third CTL (one on each leg).

It does seem that if you are on a B2B and attended a CTL on the first leg, you get priority on the second leg. So, if a lot of people on the cruise before you want to attend again on your cruise, you may indeed be out of luck. It is worth getting on the list anyway; there may be cancellations.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:34 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Grab a head waiter or the MD in the DR/Buffet/Specialty restaurant after boarding.

Listening to the DINE line ring to eternity on embarkation day is not conducive to my cruise time.

We usually board so early that there is no issue with the "Dine Line" being busy. Also, I am easily able to get through to "Room Service" to arrange a change out of my Elite mini-bar setup. Those who board later may have more problems getting through and, in that case, can try what you have suggested.

8 minutes ago, cboyle said:

When the cruise is sold in multiple segments,  the Chef's Table and Chef's Table Lumiere are organized separately for each segment.  On our last cruise, we attended the CTL and one of the guests was on a B2B2B; this was his third CTL (one on each leg).

It does seem that if you are on a B2B and attended a CTL on the first leg, you get priority on the second leg. So, if a lot of people on the cruise before you want to attend again on your cruise, you may indeed be out of luck. It is worth getting on the list anyway; there may be cancellations.

We usually board so early that there is no issue with the "Dine Line" being busy. Also, I am easily able to get through to "Room Service" to arrange a change out of my Elite mini-bar setup. Those who board later may have more problems getting through and, in that case, can try what you have suggested.

Since the thread is about reserving the Chefs Table that is what I was referring to.

We are onboard in the first group. Usually by 11:00am.  For us the DINE line is not busy........ it is just never answered.

IMO it has nothing to do with how many are onboard.

We have found they just don't answer until much later in the afternoon.

Once onboard I have to walk by dining venues where I can just let them know what I need.   

• Like 1

Did the CT last night on the Grand. Were told on this cruise (10 days) they will be doing 3 of them. 

Always memorable. 

As noted, made the reservation the minute walking on board. This time with the MD at the GC while making our first night dinner res. 

The proverbial two birds with one stone approach. 

25 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Since the thread is about reserving the Chefs Table that is what I was referring to.

We are onboard in the first group. Usually by 11:00am.  For us the DINE line is not busy........ it is just never answered.

IMO it has nothing to do with how many are onboard.

We have found they just don't answer until much later in the afternoon.

Once onboard I have to walk by dining venues where I can just let them know what I need.   

I am also talking about reserving the Chef's Table, but by calling the "Dine Line." Obviously, we have had different experiences with the "Dine Line."