Glory Check-In and Boarding Times

GroupCruiser

We were told by the Radisson last week that the gates do not open until 11:30. We went over to drop our luggage around 12:30 and it was a zoo! We returned with our husbands about 1 PM and breezed into the the dock area; however, there was still a long line to check in.

Dale

The response I got directly from Carnival stated that you can arrive at the port as early as 11AM but check-in dosent begin until 130PM if you got there at 11 you will just be standing in line for two and a half hours. This is a complete fabrication as there have been many reviews of those who have gotten onboard as early as 1145. I myself got on Victory a few years ago by 1230 ish... an hour before the 'official' time.

Ecstasy 4/00

Carnival Triumph 6/01

Carnival Victory 4/02

Carnival Glory 7/04

Carnival always says you can't check in until their posted time, but anyone who's ever been at the port early knows there's always the possibility of getting on the ship much earlier. We plan to be there by 11:00, just like we do for all our cruises. No way would I wait until after noon to get there -- the later it gets, the more of a zoo it is. Besides, my vacation officially starts the minute we get to the port. icon_wink.gif

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

I agree with Beth on this. I believe that 11:00 is a good time. When we sailed 2 years ago, we arrived around then, checked in pretty quick and were on the ship by 12:15pm.

I was impressed with the way Carnival had the check in set up, considering the port was a bit of a mess at the time with construction happening both inside and out.

Ahoy,

Judy icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;4;10;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500 4/10 Glory

Fantasy 2/2002

Glory 4/2004

I agree with Dale. Just 2 weeks ago friends drove to the pier while we waited at the Radisson. The gate was closed and they were told unless you were part of a wedding party, no one gets through till 11:30. They ended up keeping us company at the hotel. When we left, they left. We were through embarkation, and had finnished eating on the lido by the time they made it to the terminal!! The shuttle was great!!!

Lady

P.S. Dale, it was great meeting you on formal night. Hope your cruise was as wonderful as ours was!!

crusin' the high seas with friends for our 20th anniversary...3/27/04

When we boarded the Glory on April 3, they let us park at about 10:45 but couldn't board until 11:30 a.m. When we got off on April 10, it took us until 9:30 to get off and there was still about 40% of the ship who needed to get off. It seemed a slower process than I've endured before but it was a full ship.

Archived