Parking at Port of Miami?

theEvilQueen2

Does anyone know of a hotel close to the port that does the thing where you can leave your car in their lot during the cruise and shuttle to the port? We live in Palm Beach and were thinking of coming in the night before to avoid last minute problems.  

Our last cruise out of PoM (RCCL) was almost a disaster. We  showed up way early and spent over 3 hours in a circle trying to find a parking garage that wasn't full and getting bad advice from port employees along the way. When we finally were allowed into a garage, it was at the other end of the port, shuttles were few and far between and we had to jog to barely make sail away. My handicap sticker was met with eyerolls. I see on the PoM website that there is a pre-pay garage on port, but I haven't figured out where it is compared to where Seaside is docked. 

We always use Park N Cruise in Ft Lauderdale (always excellent), but heard the off port lots in Miami are a nightmare, unreliable transportation, vandalized cars. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really need this cruise to start stress free. I really had to twist DH's arm to try MSC and sail from Miami. Thank you.     

Several hotels in the Miami area offer a Park and Cruise rate which includes parking for 7-14 days, some also offer a shuttle TO the port (either free of charge or for a $10 pp fee). You can start here with a list of Hilton properties which offer this:  https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/promotions/park-stay-go-participating-hotels.html

There are also several offsite lots (most of them are hotels) near the airport which offer a daily rate much cheaper than POM. Then you just need a taxi or Uber to get to the port and back

https://www.airportparkinginc.com/

I did a little checking- Garage J is the only pre-paid garage on site and MSC generally uses Terminal F for departure/arrival. Here's a port map- both the garage and terminal are on the western side, but have no idea about walking distance or shuttles between the two:
https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

1 hour ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Several hotels in the Miami area offer a Park and Cruise rate which includes parking for 7-14 days, some also offer a shuttle TO the port (either free of charge or for a $10 pp fee). You can start here with a list of Hilton properties which offer this:  https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/promotions/park-stay-go-participating-hotels.html

There are also several offsite lots (most of them are hotels) near the airport which offer a daily rate much cheaper than POM. Then you just need a taxi or Uber to get to the port and back

https://www.airportparkinginc.com/

I did a little checking- Garage J is the only pre-paid garage on site and MSC generally uses Terminal F for departure/arrival. Here's a port map- both the garage and terminal are on the western side, but have no idea about walking distance or shuttles between the two:
https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

Found and booked. Thank You!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

Does anyone know of a hotel close to the port that does the thing where you can leave your car in their lot during the cruise and shuttle to the port? We live in Palm Beach and were thinking of coming in the night before to avoid last minute problems.  

Our last cruise out of PoM (RCCL) was almost a disaster. We  showed up way early and spent over 3 hours in a circle trying to find a parking garage that wasn't full and getting bad advice from port employees along the way. When we finally were allowed into a garage, it was at the other end of the port, shuttles were few and far between and we had to jog to barely make sail away. My handicap sticker was met with eyerolls. I see on the PoM website that there is a pre-pay garage on port, but I haven't figured out where it is compared to where Seaside is docked. 

We always use Park N Cruise in Ft Lauderdale (always excellent), but heard the off port lots in Miami are a nightmare, unreliable transportation, vandalized cars. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really need this cruise to start stress free. I really had to twist DH's arm to try MSC and sail from Miami. Thank you.     

I bite the bullet and park right at the port.  It's expensive compared to the others but I feel more comfortable knowing my car is there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nymich said:

I bite the bullet and park right at the port.  It's expensive compared to the others but I feel more comfortable knowing my car is there.

I would gladly do that, happy to pay whatever it cost, but my experience (nightmare) last time makes me worry. As I said, we showed up early and every garage was full.  The port employees kept directing us to different lots or garages and by the time we got there (in 2 minutes) they were full. We finally got in to the farthest away garage and barely made all aboard after driving in circles for over 3 hours.  I'm not exaggerating, 3 hours.  

Anyway, I booked a room at Doubletree Hilton, called to confirm the Park and Cruise and shuttle, so I feel good about that. Door to door service. I had some points to use on Expedia, so did well price wise. We may change our mind, have until end of April to cancel hotel with no penalty. But the hotel looks like it will be fun, tons of restaurants, shopping, view of the bay, so I'm excited to start vacation one day early. 

Happy Travels.  

19 minutes ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

I would gladly do that, happy to pay whatever it cost, but my experience (nightmare) last time makes me worry. As I said, we showed up early and every garage was full.  The port employees kept directing us to different lots or garages and by the time we got there (in 2 minutes) they were full. We finally got in to the farthest away garage and barely made all aboard after driving in circles for over 3 hours.  I'm not exaggerating, 3 hours.  

Anyway, I booked a room at Doubletree Hilton, called to confirm the Park and Cruise and shuttle, so I feel good about that. Door to door service. I had some points to use on Expedia, so did well price wise. We may change our mind, have until end of April to cancel hotel with no penalty. But the hotel looks like it will be fun, tons of restaurants, shopping, view of the bay, so I'm excited to start vacation one day early. 

Happy Travels.  

that is a nightmare of a story and one I haven't experienced...…….yet.  I would be a little gun shy as well. It sounds like you got a great deal on the hotel!

EvilQueen, Were you perhaps too early?  Maybe the passengers hadn't disembarked yet?  

We've sailed out of Miami many times and never had that happen, but like the previous poster stated, I'd avoid the parking area at Miami also if that happened to us.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, mafig said:

EvilQueen, Were you perhaps too early?  Maybe the passengers hadn't disembarked yet?  

We've sailed out of Miami many times and never had that happen, but like the previous poster stated, I'd avoid the parking area at Miami also if that happened to us.

lol. No, we arrived some time after noon. All I can think is they were doing a lot of construction then and some of the lots or garages may have been closed. And it was peak season. I'm Diamond on RCL so this wasn't our first rodeo.  But I think the hotel with park and cruise is actually going to work out better.   

Happy travels. 

9 minutes ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

But I think the hotel with park and cruise is actually going to work out better.   

Happy travels. 

We've done Park and Cruise packages twice (Hampton Inn & Suites - MIA/Blue Lagoon and Hampton Inn - Coconut Grove/Coral Gables) and had a great experience both times. Hope yours is the same 🙂

This is good info for the Florida Departures forum.  There is public ramp off-site at Earlington Heights Metro Station, charging $4.50/day with 24/7 armed Sheriff security.  You can pay by phone with their app, self park and Uber or Lyft for $8-15 each way to the port, about a ten minute ride;  no waiting for those unreliable shuttles.

5 hours ago, neptuno said:

This is good info for the Florida Departures forum.  There is public ramp off-site at Earlington Heights Metro Station, charging $4.50/day with 24/7 armed Sheriff security.  You can pay by phone with their app, self park and Uber or Lyft for $8-15 each way to the port, about a ten minute ride;  no waiting for those unreliable shuttles.

I've been following you on the Florida forum and you convinced me to park at Earlington, thanks for the tip.

We have parked at Port of Miami too many times to count.   We usually arrive between 10:30 and 11 and, so far, have never had this problem.  We have easily found a parking place.  I hope this was a one time occurrence, and I am so sorry that this happened to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 11:59 PM, hbe said:

I've been following you on the Florida forum and you convinced me to park at Earlington, thanks for the tip.

well i deed it. All was good. We booked it for the week. I believe the cost was about $64.00 including the UBERS. We parked 3 cars from the armed guard, who was extremely helpful. The uber rides were about 10 minutes each way. I certainly would do this again ,  thanks Neptuno

Just for future reference, we have sailed many many many cruises out of Miami and we always use Safe Cruise Parking (off port) and I have never had a bad experience. It allows us to just drive down the day of, as we are not too far from the port either. Sometimes we have to wait a little for the shuttle, but we are usually not in a rush.