USB Charging post Revolution -- are extension cords unnecessary?

Newbie2006

I've been seeing a lot of pictures of the revolutionized ships and the Edge. It seems like Celebrity has responded to guests requirements for electricity.

I am going on a cruise next month (Summit 1st cruise out of dry dock), and was planning on buying an extension cord with USB plugs for charging my devices. However, I might not buy one as it seems the post-revolution ship will solve this previous deficiency.

Many cruisers use extension cords to deal with lack of outlets (as evidenced by Amazon's recommendation of buying extension cords when looking up other cruise items).

The only thing I'd worry about is showing up and not having outlets as shown in the Millennium pictures I've seen posted, or trying to plug a device in and finding out it wasn't connected (or doesn't have a live feed of electricity).

I could make due with a power brick if all else failed.

Can I trust Celebrity to modify Summit in a similar manner to Millennium, or should I buy a USB extension port (just in case)?

I would hesitate to bring any kind of extension cord.  On our trip on Equinox in January, there were over 100 people waiting to pick up their luggage on deck 2 because they had extension cords and other items that are prohibited.  Many in line were saying they had always brought them and never had a problem before... even cords without surge protection were taken.  Just a heads up in case this is going fleet wide.