De Palm island excursion in Aruba through Royal

CS-RN

We did go on the Royal sponsored excursion.  We were thinking of returning on our own, but in the end we had plenty of time to do what we wanted for the cruise sponsored time.  I probably could've stayed a little longer, but felt satisfied with the time versus the cost of the taxi to return.  We returned to the ship and dropped off snorkeling gear, then my daughter and I went walking and shopping.

I think it would've been easy to catch a cab back if they had called a taxi for us, and was about a 25 minute drive to return to the port.  Like a previous post mentioned we had a different colored wrist band, but didn't see anyone enforcing it or anyone taking a "roll call" to make sure we were back on the bus to return.

• 1 month later...

I have a few additional questions:

1. RCCL's description reads, "Tour includes beach chair, lunch buffet and complimentary beverage. Additional activities are available separately. AR73". Based on the above reviews, it sounds like snorkeling, banana boat, water park, zipline, etc were all included, but the official description implies they are at an additional charge. Can someone confirm they are included?

2. Re: the different colored wristbands - if you go thru the RCCL excursion, are you given one color and you need to buy one with a later time? How does one get a later time wristband if going through RCCL?

Thanks!

Just now, Host Jacquelyn said:

1. RCCL's description reads, "Tour includes beach chair, lunch buffet and complimentary beverage. Additional activities are available separately. AR73". Based on the above reviews, it sounds like snorkeling, banana boat, water park, zipline, etc were all included, but the official description implies they are at an additional charge. Can someone confirm they are included?

When we went this past March, the only things that were extra were premium cocktails, cabanas, and fish food to bring out snorkeling with you. EVERYTHING else was included. Remember to bring a towel, they do not provide those. 

Just now, Host Jacquelyn said:

2. Re: the different colored wristbands - if you go thru the RCCL excursion, are you given one color and you need to buy one with a later time? How does one get a later time wristband if going through RCCL?

Thanks!

We did a get a different colored wristband and were assigned a specific boarding time to return, but did not see anyone enforcing it. If you plan to stay late, I wouldn't pay any extra unless asked too. 😉

12 minutes ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

Thanks!

We went on April. They give us a grey wristband so we would know at what time royal caribbean will pick us. We decided  to stay all day and we call a taxi and went back to the ship. Also everything is included. The only thing that is not include is the helmet dive. 

So glad i found this. I had no idea that de palm was all inclusive. 

It says you have to fill out a health waiver. 

Me and hubby have high blood pressure, controlled by medicine. We were able to do snuba in cozumel (diving affects certain medicine)  I'm wondering if it's this type of form. Most we would do is snorkel

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

So glad i found this. I had no idea that de palm was all inclusive. 

It says you have to fill out a health waiver. 

Me and hubby have high blood pressure, controlled by medicine. We were able to do snuba in cozumel (diving affects certain medicine)  I'm wondering if it's this type of form. Most we would do is snorkel

My husband and I both have high blood pressure controlled by meds.  No problem at De Palm.

Enjoy!  :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1