Equinox Question

Im A Happy Cruiser

20 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Don’t forget there is also usually a european style plug, take an adapter and use it too.

we usually have an adapter when we’re doing a transatlantic cruise for after the cruise.

I also use the European plug -  just one warning.    Make sure the equipment you are plugging in is dual voltage.  Otherwise ----Poof!

• Like 1

That's a great idea!  I can carry my 220V adaptor since laptop, phone, CPAP, etc. are ALL dual voltage!

FYI most laptops have a three prong plug but they don't need the ground.  I have used a cord with the ground stud popped out in Europe many times.

Edited by petefoss
added

10 minutes ago, petefoss said:

That's a great idea!  I can carry my 220V adaptor since laptop, phone, CPAP, etc. are ALL dual voltage!

FYI most laptops have a three prong plug but they don't need the ground.  I have used a cord with the ground stud popped out in Europe many times.

I also purchased a 22v adapter that has the US 3 prong plug configuration on it.    Works perfect on all my dual current electronics.  

Regards from burning (literally) hot Australia.
No need for any high tech gizmos.
I cruise every year and I take the following:

TWO adapters with USB charge ports so both my wife and I can use the US style power points at the same time and charge our mobiles and tablets.
 TWO double adaptors.

I use a CPAP machine but as I cannot bring my own extension cord, I ask guest services to provide me with one.
That way I can use 4 appliances at night - the above plus a charger for rechargeable batteries for the cameras.

I always take a USB stick pre-loaded with movies to plug into the TV but I have never been able to use them as the TVs on board have this USB playback facility de-activated.

capture2.jpg