Orient Beach Newly Re-Opened Beach Club

BoatParts

We recently (1/24) spent a wonderful day on Orient Beach at the newly (12/27) re-opened Kontiki Beach bar/club.  Two chairs and an umbrella were $30USD.  They were all new and comfortable.  Staff was friendly and kept us shaded if we wanted.  Drink prices were reasonable though I don't recall exact prices.  

As for the beach itself, the water was delightful as always.  There was a bit more seagrass than we've experienced before but that could be for a variety of reasons; we didn't let it bother us.  Kontiki is a bit away from the couple of other clubs open on the left (if facing water) and well away from the clothing options; end on the right.  

Just wanted to give a current update as to options available.  We had no problems getting a taxi there or back to the port.

Amy

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

• Like 3

Lovely photos, I always appreciate when people review these places. I can't decide between Kontiki, Bikini or Holland House. It's our first time there and I want to make sure I see the most beautiful part!

May I ask what time you arrived and how the chair rental situation was? I.e., was there plenty to rent? Did taxis hang around this area for transportation back to the ship?

21 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

May I ask what time you arrived and how the chair rental situation was? I.e., was there plenty to rent? Did taxis hang around this area for transportation back to the ship?

Probably got there around 10:30 and there were plenty of chairs available.  Yes there were plenty of taxis to take us back around 2:30-3:00.

Also, bathrooms/changing rooms were super clean and spacious.

We are going in 2 weeks and also trying to decide between Kon Tiki and Bikini Beach.  We had friends go to Bikini Beach in the fall and it was nice but KonTiki was not yet open.   Been to Orient 5 times and we love it but this our first trip post Hurricane.    Should be no issue getting back if there is 3 places open.   

We have 6 ships in port on our trip we are going early because with fewer places open it could get crowded.  

On 2/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, BoatParts said:

Probably got there around 10:30 and there were plenty of chairs available.  Yes there were plenty of taxis to take us back around 2:30-3:00.

Also, bathrooms/changing rooms were super clean and spacious.

Awesome, thank you!