Nieuw statendam assistance please

Gdrummey

OP, why in the world would you wish to give up this cabin?  You are close to the forward elevators and the cabin configuration gives you a slightly larger balcony.  What's not to like?

You won't hear the elevators, as we were on NS's Christmas cruise in a cabin by the elevators.  We never heard any noise from them, but was that location convenient.  You have a good cabin, IMO.  If I were you, I wouldn't change it.  Enjoy your cruise.  The ship is lovely.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

4 hours ago, GPBgal said:

Thanks! With the obstruction, would you still have booked that room?

Actually, yes I would.  4039 was not a balcony cabin but it did have floor to ceiling windows from which I could still see the sea.

This was a great location and the ship was magnificent.

Enjoy!

7 hours ago, IslaSarah said:

Thanks @sassyf. I'm booked in 4037 this summer and haven't been able to find any reviews about those 4 cabins with full length windows. From exterior pics it looks like 4037 is less obstructed than 4039, do you think that's true? 

Yes, it should be clear.  #4039 was only partially obstructed,

On 2/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

OP, why in the world would you wish to give up this cabin?  You are close to the forward elevators and the cabin configuration gives you a slightly larger balcony.  What's not to like?

You won't hear the elevators, as we were on NS's Christmas cruise in a cabin by the elevators.  We never heard any noise from them, but was that location convenient.  You have a good cabin, IMO.  If I were you, I wouldn't change it.  Enjoy your cruise.  The ship is lovely.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, sevenseasnomad said:

Review from recent cruise by jwsfun -singled out room - they had to sleep in another room. Go figure