Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Don't worry you'll have a great time . Plenty of night life and activities. The

baots are at their best when they are not chockers - just relax and unwind . Forget how many are on board RE ---------LAX and have a great travel experience. I'm back for cruise four with Star and I never worry how many or few are on board .

Cheers for that. Its our honeymoon and even though its usually the man's job to book it, i got stuck with it as im in the business!! Of course, when i asked the 'other half', the answer was its up to me, so im just hoping now that it all works out.

Your right though, doesnt have to be choco-block, we can just RELAX and go with the flow!! :)

Mike,

We are currently booked as Ocean View Stateroom Code CB with window on SS Gemini departing Singapore 20/05 for Hong Kong . Booked as part of Qantas package ex Aus on Earylbird discounts . Enquired today from Qantas as to upgrade to Junior Suite (un-obstructed view) and was quoted an outrageous $ 3400 Aus for 2 . . So phoned direct to Star reservations in Singapore who advised All Junior Suites (both obstructed and un-obstructed views were sold out !). Rang my local travel agent who said Qantas will be sitting on Junior Suite allocation they are hoping to flog at a rip off price . He suggested I wait till unsold berths are returned to Star by industry around 7 days prior to sailing. My Agent recommends me try for upgrade to Junior Suite on board from Purser and I should get it for a more reasonable sum . For your advice please as to tactics and likelihood of obtaining my desired upgrade.

kuldalai Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, as I have just returned from a business trip to China. Regarding your upgrade query, being that you have booked through Quantas, all upgrades would have to be done by them. But I would certainly not pay their outrageous prices.

I would definitely go to Reception Desk once you board the Gemini and ask about an upgrade. They will not be able to give you a definite answer until the ship sails, but they will contact you. If there is an upgrade available, you will have to pay the difference in price according to Star Cruises published cabin tariff. But even so, I am sure it will be cheaper than what Quantas quoted you. It's worth a try.

I do not know the reason why you are looking for a Junior Suite, but let me say that I have always found the Deluxe Oceanview cabins on Deck 6 forward to be very comfortable. They are Category CA. They are indeed larger than the standard cabins and are spacious enough for 2 people. I have inserted 4 photos of this category cabin. Perhaps you can try for one of these through Quantas, or aboard the Gemini when you embark.

Hope you find what you want, but you will love the ship and your cruise no matter what.

Best regards,

Mike

F1000008.jpg

F1000010.jpg

F1000009.jpg

F1000011.jpg

Hi Mike,

Welcome back mate, hope your trip was successful.

I know this is not Gemini, and not even Star Cruises, however speaking of China, I recently had a flyer from my TA about the Rhapsody Of The Seas repositioning to Asia in '08, and a Cruise Package out of Shanghai for 8 days 7 nights visiting Seoul, Cheju Island, and Pusan in Korea and Kagoshima Japan, and return to Shanghai.

They are quoting $2,880AU for an Outside Cabin, Return Flights Perth to Shanghai, one nights accommodation pre-cruise at the Crowne Plaza Shanghai, and all Tax’s and Port Charges, it sounded too good to miss, any thoughts please mate?:)

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

My trip to China was ok thanks, but time consuming.

The price you were quoted for ROTS with airfare/hotel/port taxes et al., sounds a great deal. Also the Crowne Plaza is a nice hotel, centrally located and within easy walking distance to many attractions.

I have read that Royal Caribbean International are offering some good deals for ROTS Asian cruises in 2008. If I were you, do a double check on the prices you were quoted just to make sure. Sounds really good.

Are you thinking about it?;)

Cheers mate,

Mike

Hi Mike, Bruce etc

Finally unpacked and settled into the new house, all went smoothly but not in a hurry to pack again!

Well, now that we can settle down and think straight I have today booked the Gemini 17 June Vietnam etc. Couldn't stay away from cruising for long!

Anyone else on this cruise would love to meet up with you. What about you, Mike!

Regards

Vera

Hi Vera,

Glad to hear from you and that you are all settled in, well as much as one could expect, I see you were moved to book another cruise so there is still some energy left, or is it to recover.:p

I see you are on the 7 night round trip Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City and Ko Samui, with a couple of sea days to unwind, should be nice.:)

Are you going to have time in Singapore as well?

Anyway glad to have you back on board, we moved about 3 years ago after 30+ years in the one house and I know what it’s all about.:rolleyes:

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce

Definitely need this to recover! Would have preferred your May cruise but the dates didn't fit in. We're going to Bali first for a week, then have two days in Singapore either side of the cruise.

Any suggestions for Ho Chi Minh City?

Vera

Hi Vera,

Sorry my dear but have not been to Vietnam as yet, was going to do a land tour this year, but opted for the Cruise first.

An acquaintance who has been, when asked about HCMC said it was an interesting and bustling place, and the only advice he gave us was “never cross a street together, that way if you get bowled over the other one can call an ambulance!”;)

It was said very much in jest, but I believe it’s best to provide the smallest target, and they do say walk straight across do not try to dodge the scooters they will dodge you, anyway hope you have fun.:p

Did you see the trip I asked Mike about above, looks very good value for money?:)

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce

Thanks for advice re crossing the street! Sounds like Rome!

Saw your post re cruise - does sound like good value (having just part paid Gemini cruise today) Somehow I think a land tour of China and/or Vietnam in the future would be good to do.

Regards

Vera

Hi Vera,

Glad to hear that all is well and you are moved in safely. I am sure that you need your upcoming cruise with Gemini just to recover. Don't worry, Gemini will take away all your cares and soothe you.

I really wish I could join you on your cruise, I am sure we would get on famously. But, alas,,,,,work does not permit it, time wise. Plus, I have to remain faithful to Star Cruises Taiwan;) , while we have the SuperStar Libra deployed here starting end June.

I already have 4 cruises booked and I am quite sure there will be more:D .

Taipei to Keelung is only an 40 minute AirBus ride, so that is convenient, and the itineraries that Libra is offering makes it very convenient for business people to hop aboard and enjoy either an overnight High Seas cruise, or other 3d/2n and 4d/3n cruises. So as you can see, I'll be pretty busy here:cool: and looking forward to all the cruises, more than words can say.

I do hope that we will meet up one day soon and spend time together and enjoy the seas and the ship, whichever ship it may be.

Have a ball aboard Gemini in June.

Warm regards,

Mike

Hi Vera,

Glad to hear you are settled in your new place. We moved Nov 05 after 20 years in the same place.......... what a shocker!! Was weeks before I found everything, and even today, can't find my passport, which I had in my hand 2 months ago, so to get a new one I need a 'proper' Marriage Certificate issued by BDM. So I'm off to Newcastle on Thursday to get an urgent one of those, so I can apply for a new passport.

To say it's been a very bad day here would be an understatement. If I was a passport, where would I hide?? What really annoys is that I have been SSOOO careful with all our passports ever since we got them 9 years ago... Why couldn't my son's expired one have disappeared??? Found lots of stuff that needs to be chucked out!! One last search tomorrow, then I give up.

Anyway, I've had my little teary, got a game plan organised, so feeling much better. Even back to some sewing tonight!!

Take care all,

Tracey.

Hi Mike - Look forward to your review of the Libra so that we can put it on our list of future cruises - but put in a request for one or two longer cruises!

Tracey - hope you've found your passport! Can you remember why you had it out two months ago and what other papers you had out at the time? Would love to do the cruise you're on but wasn't the right timing and especially now as I found out yesterday that we have friends from Perth who will be on the full cruise!

Vera

Hi Vera,

No, the passport hasn't turned up. It went back into the drawer with Trevor's when we came back from the TA, and seems to have vanished. Another, much more thorough search today has failed to turn it up either, so I have now given up, which as we all know, is when it will magically appear. Anyway, will take more than that to stop this holiday!!

Have you mentioned to your friends to hook up on this website? It is the May round trip they are doing is it? That's what we're on. We get back to Singapore on June 10th, but don't leave till June 17th, so maybe we could arrange a little 'handover' drink?? Slings at Raffles? or something? We're staying with my sister for the week, but it would be fun to meet up don't you think?

Take care,

Tracey.

Tracey, Tracey, Tracey,

What are you doing my dear, loosing your Passport with only a few days to departure, better get a new one chop, chop!;)

Hope you didn’t loose the photos for the Vietnam Visa’s!:rolleyes:

We’re down to just 30 days now so you must be less than 3 weeks from off, bet your getting all excited, despite the Passport! What a Wally.:p

Regards, Bruce.

Thanks Bruce,

I would like to point out that the chief suspect in the case of the missing passport is Trevor, he was the last one to have any reason to go near them...

I would also like to point out that it has been a very expensive exercise!!

BDM registry issued Marriage Certificate (because the one you are given on the day is no longer acceptable): $50, same day collection

New passport application: $193

Lost passport fee $64

Priority processing fee $73

and what the heck.... new passport photos because if it's on my passport for the next 10 years, it has to be reasonably decent... $12.

Fuel and time for 200Km round trip to Newcastle to go to BDM office...

Stress, emotional suffering, coffee and cake to calm me at Newcastle, because I was on the verge of 'losing it', coming home to go to work.... I could go on, but it would just bore you all....

Anyway, learn from my misfortune............... keep your damn passport safe!! I will check on my new one every week!! No more Houdini act!!

Should have the new passport in 5 - 10 working days, although it had better be closer to 5 for what it has cost me. We have 16 working days before blast off. 3 calendar weeks from this Saturday. Thank goodness I checked when I did. Not excited at all..... maybe when I have my new passport in my hand. :D

Hope they do good massages on this cruise, I'll be having one every sea day!

Bedtime now,

The Weary Traveller (and I haven't even left yet)

Well done T & T, on 25 years, and you are still taking holidays together, that's marvelous, hope you get lots nice Silver jewelry while in HK, or at one of the other POC!:)

We just past 35 so I am having to lash out on some Jade at the Jade Markets while in HK, on other occasions like birthdays we don’t give presents rather we take Cruises, they are the best presents of the lot!;)

Anyway hope you have a nice dinner or something on Tuesday, best wishes form us.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Tracey - you really need a holiday after that episode (hope the lost passport does NOT turn up now!)

Bruce, your comment on photos for Vietnam visa - when I booked last week and asked about visa TA said I don't do anything because Star Cruises get a group visa. Is this correct or do I need to delve further to make sure??

Vera

Hi Vera,

That has latterly created confusion from day one for us, from memory Tracey was originally told by her TA that she had to organize her own Visa, then I was told that Star would organize a group one for the Ship.

The next we heard that yes, it was a group Visa, but that you needed a “Passport Photo” just like you do if you get your own, and that was the last we heard!:rolleyes:

The problem for us was that Beth’s last passport Photo, only last year, was digital fortunately mine was from about 5 years ago so I still have a spare, but Beth had to go out and get a “real” photo to take with us.:(

If I were you I would get take a passport photo with you when you go just in case, having said that I am sure that the Photo Shop on Gemini does a roaring trade in Passport Photos when they go to Vietnam, and it will only cost you an arm and a leg!:p

Someone above was talking about the lack of Cruisers from Aus, and in my response I indicated that the communication from Star and their Agents in Aus was all but non existent, and when I have contacted them direct they have been very short and less than forthcoming with their response, it’s like pulling teeth!:eek:

Hope this helps.

Regards, Bruce