Lisbon Aquarium or Zoo

We will be in Lisbon on May 8th at 2PM. We are considering taking a taxi to the zoo or aquarium. If anyone has visited one or both can they tell me their opinions of them?

Also, how far is each one from the cruise port?

We've been to Lisbon several times, but have never visited the zoo or aquarium.  As the crow flies, the zoo is about 2 miles from the port, but the streets in Lisbon aren't laid out in a grid so it might take longer than one thinks to get there from the port (it's also uphill from the port).  Conversely, the Aquarium is about 3 miles up the Tagus River from where the ship docks.  Probably an easier walk, but still might want to take a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

We have visited the aquarium in Lisbon and it was great - too far to walk so we took a taxi and arranged a pick up time. Everyone enjoyed it - the time we went there was a special display of penguins and Antarctic creatures which was lovely and very interesting. The cafe there is also excellent and very, very reasonable . Recommended! 

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I have done both, as we've visited Lisbon on 2 cruises and loved both. The zoo is quite old fashioned and was very quiet, despite it being August, but we loved seeing the animals, there was a great selection. The aquarium was very modern and lots to see there and we loved it too.

• 2 weeks later...