Hidden Gems Expedition on Royal Caribbean

TTraub1250

My wife and I did this excursion in July. It is pricey but we enjoyed it. Could we have done everything on the tour on our own? Not the first time. Having done it once I feel fairly confident I could recreate it. But we had a great day. 

First the drive from the ship ship to the first stop is quite long. Maybe 45-60 mins. You are given a backpack and off you go on a hike. Make sure you have shoes, sandals won’t cut it. They tell of the local flowers and plants and there are some nice lookouts. 

Then we climbed down a steep cliff that was maybe 10-13 feet. This is where you need your shoes. You are climbing down rocks and using tree branches to brace yourself. At the bottom you walk into a cave with your hard hat on. The cave to us was underwhelming because living in Virginia we have some massive caves. This one is one room. But, unlike in the US where you can’t touch anything they allow to to touch the stalagmites so that’s cool. 

Then back up up to the backpacks and then into another cave for cave swimming. This was our favorite part. I could of stayed there for hours. I think we were in the water for 20ish minutes although it felt like a minute. 

Then out of the water and off to cliff jumping. There are two jump off points. One is like 10ish feet and the other 15ish. You can get 3-4 jumps in depending on how fast you go. 

Then its its lunch time. Nothing fancy but it was really good! Fried fish and rice and the ginger pop Bermuda is known for. 

Then we got a decent beach break. They give you snorkel gear but there wasn’t much to look at. I was happy to float on the noodle and relax. I think we were in the water for 30-40 mins. 

Then off to our last stop which was an ice cream parlor. One scoop in a cone was included in the tour. 

Then back to the ship. 

It’s a full day. On the way back everyone was asleep except my wife and I. 

Let me know now if you have any questions, I’m happy to answer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1