New to Carnival - general and Valor specific questions

Vacationdreamer<><

36 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

These will be the Playlist Production shows on Valor:

America Rocks:

Get ready to rock with this explosive song and dance spectacle featuring hits from folks like Bruce Springsteen, Journey, Aerosmith, The J. Geils Band, The Cars, Pat Benatar and even Blondie. A live six-piece rock band amplifies the show.

Country Road:

Follow "The Ramsey Boys" as they head out on a country concert tour singing contemporary hits from artists that include Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, Patsy Cline, Florida Georgia Line and others.

Studio VIP:

A musical tribute to the era of Studio 54 and Soul Train, this music-and-dance extravaganza showcases the glittery '70s with hits from KC and the Sunshine Band, Donna Summer, Barry White, Parliament and more. In a fun twist, a few lucky audience members are selected to join the singers and dancers on the big stage.

How do you locate such information?

8 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

How do you locate such information?

That actually came from a Cruise Critic article. I just happened to come across it one day when I was searching the web trying to find out which shows would be on our Glory cruise last year. I knew it'd come in handy, so I saved it.

It was last updated in March 2018, but as far as I know, all of the shows on each ship are still the same. Here's the link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3235

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CozGurl said:

Are all of the music shows every night or do they alternate?

No, not every night. They only do three or four music shows, even on week-long cruises. For example, on our 7-day last year aboard Glory, they did Playlist shows on nights 2, 3, 5 & 6. On the other nights, they'll do other things in the main theater, like Hasbro, Lip Sync Battle, Love & Marriage, etc. What shows depend on the ships. Carnival's website will show you which of those types of shows are on each ship.

• Like 1

What times are the early and late show, normally?  

If if we wanted to see early comedy show and are assigned early dinner would we need to eat in the buffet that night?  Would there be any opportunity to eat in a dining room late that night?  Is it possible to check with the maitre d the night before?

In Progresso would recommend an excursion of your choice.  Not the most exciting place so great idea to go somewhere.  If you venture too far from the ship I would do a Carnival tour.
Be wary of some of the  restaurants in Progresso on the beach charging you $50 for the privilege of eating there.  This is a waiter ripping you off, not restaurant policy.   Go somewhere else if this happens.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mexicobob said:

In Progresso would recommend an excursion of your choice.  Not the most exciting place so great idea to go somewhere.  If you venture too far from the ship I would do a Carnival tour.
Be wary of some of the  restaurants in Progresso on the beach charging you $50 for the privilege of eating there.  This is a waiter ripping you off, not restaurant policy.   Go somewhere else if this happens.  

Yeah - I'm a wee bit concerned about Progreso.  

I really don't want an expensive AI type excursion for this point.  I was hoping for a day like the one we had in Costa Maya a few years ago.  Find a restaurant and pay a little cover charge to hang out there.  Buy a little food and spend 2-3 hours in the sand.

We are three adults (oldest son is 19) and five kids ages 6-17.  If we take the shuttle to wherever it lets us off and start walking back toward the beach (to the east of the pier) should we find something?  Hmmm - may cross post into Progreso board!

In progresso you can go to the local beaches and hang out... I believe most have a bar connected to them where you have to order drinks/food but it's not expensive! You can also get massages on the beach!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, Lottacruises said:

Guys burgers, blue iguana, pizza pirate, the deli, the Lido buffet, and the bbq place are all the free lunch options that will be available when you go onboard.

Silly me, of course this is correct.   I just consider all the options like Guy's, blue iguana, pizza, etc.  an extension of the buffet. I mentioned the BBQ since it's not adjacent to the buffet, it's a deck up.

Edited by evandbob
  • Thanks 1

yes they have juice (orange and grapefruit I know, probably cranberry, apple, and maybe guava) at breakfast. If Valor has the new brunch menu, they'll have fresh squeezed juice that is not included in the drink packages, but will still offer the free juice if you ask (from what I've heard).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Will someone please tell me what beverage choices we have at breakfast?  Just coffee, tea and water?  Any hot chocolate?  Juices? Or only with beverage packages?  

Thank you. 

We haven't cruised since last summer, but there was orange juice, orange passion fruit guava cocktail, apple juice, & iced tea.

If they have the new brunch menu, here's the $5 "fresh pressed" juices. I've heard they aren't very big glasses.

ED5FCBA1-D03C-4DF1-8046-76ED1AED9DDC.jpe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...