airfare thru the roof!!!!

travlcrayZ

:eek: Oh my gosh....has anyone noticed just since yesterday that airfare jumped trememndously? I have been watching prices for a good deal and they just shot up yesterday and today. So much for getting a deal....anyone think they might drop again in the next few days?:( (Am flying from GRR to FLL march 8-18.)

I have no idea if the prices might drop. I read in the newspaper about a 10 days ago that prices were going up by 10%.Have you checked multiple airlines? I recently (last week) booked tickets from FLA to Las Vegas, and even Southwest was pretty high. But I found a great deal from USAIR/America West. Saved almost $300 (as compared to SWA) on tickets for 3.

For peak travel times like spring break and the holidays it's best to book 3+ months in advance and not wait for the fares to drop because they rarely do. I would be surpirsed if they went down. Look for alternate airports and Tue or Wed departures.

Well thanks for your help. I did check very many airlines and also checked Grand Rapids, Flint, Lansing, Detroit, Miami , Etc for flights. I just got some tickets but they are a bit higher than i would've preffered ($350/pp). But I had been watching them for months and they just dropped 2 weeks ago so I didn't think they would go up so fast and also go up so much!! So at least that decision is done now......never heard they were going up either or I would've gotten them a few days ago!!Bummer, but at least we still are going on a great vacation!!

Oil prices are starting to soar again, so airline prices will follow suit. Can anyone say-NUCLEAR and IRAN?

In addition to oil prices, people are flying at unprecedented levels. And with all the money floating around Asia these days, more and more people are filling the same amount of seats. We are now living in a truly global world and what happens anywhere can impact the US. Supply and demand.

You are also trying to fly during Easter/Spring Break. Those seats should ALWAYS be booked at least 6 months pre departure. I personally don't think 3 months is early enough.

I own a global logistics business. My prices to ship freight via air have gone up almost 30% since last July. And I no longer have the option of putting freight on the first airliner leaving X airport. Lots of times those planes are full with people and luggage and only contracted (Post Office, VERY large companies, and US Government) is allowed on the first plane out.

OMG... I was going to post the same thing. The airfare has gone up like overnight. Im looking for airfare from Norfolk, Va to FLL,in August for our cruise. Its at 239$. Ive checked every airline, every travel site.I dont want to us priceline as Im worried about bad times, and long layovers with 3 kids.

Last year we got tickets on Delta in June to FLL they were only 105$ rt including tax....

Doubt that will happen again. I would just like airfare to go below 200$

Archived