jade cruise leaving 2/17 just received text & call from ncl

funredhead

they will be 7 ships in port on that day. expect the port area to be very crowded and congested. they might a lot of traffic nearby too

by telling you to arrive late, they think you can avoid any traffic issues or other crowds in the port area

I also posted this in the roll call. One couple received the same notifications and another received nothing. So, it’s obviously not standard procedure for embarking thru Miami. 

The getaway is also going out of Miami on Sunday. But, I haven’t seen anything about those passengers receiving notifications. 

So, needless to say it’s unsettling to me. NCL isn’t the best at communication. And, this “for your convenience” bit only makes me worry that embarking is going to be a nightmare. 

They've always done this, sometimes I get a call and sometimes I don't. I think they're trying to spread out the time in which people arrive so that not everyone arrives at 10am wanting to board first. You'd think the newish check-in times would fix this problem. I say, arrive when you were planning on arriving and hope that others adhere to the message. The worst that will happen is you have to wait, but you'll have a beautiful view of your ship and can people watch - one of my favorite embarkation day activities.