Paying for Shore Excursions

resordanis

Hi all,

i have asked this question before, but in light of Princess changing there policy I thought I might ask again about Cunard seeing both are related.

I have a sizeable OBC and want to purchase some shore excursions. If I book prior to the cruise, will I be billed now or do Cunard bill once on board? I do not want to pay prior to the cruise for obvious reasons. Thanks in advance.

The last time I cruised with Cunard, if you booked prior to departure you paid and were able to cancel and receive a refund.  If you wanted to use your OBC you had to book onboard, but you had to take into consideration that your chosen excursion could be waitlisted or sold out by the time you board.  I can't remember what happens if you cancel onboard with regards to refunds.

I just booked 3 Alaskan ones and had to pay upfront and hope the exchange rate was favourable. I wanted to book one onboard with onboard credit, but it was already being listed as limited availability, so I figured I'd better book it now.