Day passes in Nassau? Any suggestions

cruise629

We’ve done Melia and RIU and enjoyed them much more than the Hilton, both a 15 minute cab ride away ($4 pp?). You can also take the #10 bus to Melia. We’ve done aqua adventure at Atlantis twice and had a great time, but certainly not relaxing. We almost booked Breezes, but our dates conflicted with graduation days - you don’t want to go there then.

Breezes is our ‘go to’ place in Nassau. Their all inclusive day pass includes all food (beach bar & buffet) and alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks,  There is a rock climbing wall, flying trapeze, kayaks,  paddle boats, etc. The beach is gorgeous & there is a swim up bar at the pool.

We usually take the local bus there or it is a short cab ride.

Breezes looks really nice! Was all set to book day passes for our cruise in March, however, no children under 14 are allowed.

Was thinking about trying Baha Mar, but looks like they do not offer day passes. Has anyone ever just booked a room for the night, and used the room booking as your day pass? Was thinking about going this route instead...

2 minutes ago, lonzwinery said:

Breezes looks really nice! Was all set to book day passes for our cruise in March, however, no children under 14 are allowed.

Was thinking about trying Baha Mar, but looks like they do not offer day passes. Has anyone ever just booked a room for the night, and used the room booking as your day pass? Was thinking about going this route instead...

I believe folks have booked a regular room at Baha Mar.

2 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I believe folks have booked a regular room at Baha Mar.

Yep, I just called them. They confirmed that I can simply book a room for the night, and have access to the entire resort for the day. Only problem, it ain't cheap! Over $500 with all the fees, plus, this does not include food and drinks. Ouch! Me thinks we'll just stay on the boat 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruise629 said:

Did you take a cab to breezes? Is food and drink included in the price?

Yes, we rode in a van with a few others and made a couple of stops along the way. We bought our passes through a Resort for a Day. They were $104/person and included unlimited food and beverages. 

https://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-Breezes-Bahamas-p/nsnabzr-a.htm

Edited by LisaLisa87

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 7:58 PM, LisaLisa87 said:

Yes, we rode in a van with a few others and made a couple of stops along the way. We bought our passes through a Resort for a Day. They were $104/person and included unlimited food and beverages. 

https://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-Breezes-Bahamas-p/nsnabzr-a.htm

I just purchased 3 day passes, 1 adult and 2 kids 12 and up, through Bahamasdaypass for a few dollars cheaper than you can buy them through the resort, and only $2 more than Comfort Suites and without the hassle of having to go to the hotel check in and out and then go to the atlantis tour counter to turn in the ticket vouchers.  Also $200 cheaper than the cruise line excursion.  I plan on taking a taxi directly to Atlantis so I will avoid the bus long line and mandatory tour I have read about through the property and gift shop.  So hopefully we will be in the water long before the bus even unloads.  🙂  Hope this helps anyone else asking the same.

I would vote for just staying on the ship and enjoying the amenities onboard with much lower crowds. Nassau is one of my least favorite ports as it is very congested. There will likely be several ships in port. Many shorter cruises hit Nassau as their only stop so they can satisfy the requirement of hitting a foreign port. If hotels are already sold out for day passes you can assume that it will be crowded all over the island.

• Like 1