Back from our Indy cruise...

We are sadly back home after our 5N cruise to Labadee and Falmouth on the improved Indy. We had a wonderful time and Indy is our new favorite ship. 

A few thoughts:

-We loved the waterslides, for adults and the new ones in the kids area. Don't wear a swimshirt or shorts (for women, LOL) on the slides and you will go MUCH faster.

-The mini golf course is the best I've seen onboard, it has cute, colorful obstacles and is just plain fun. It was closed a few times due to high winds since it's in the very front, so beware.

-The Sky Pad was closed I believe our whole cruise. We had reservations day 2 and were told the wind was too high, then they were having mechanical problems on an other day. 

-We stayed onboard in Falmouth and did the Flowrider with no wait. The crew was really helpful getting each of us to "master" it with no rush. Plus, we were able to use the whole Flowrider not half like on sea days.

-Staying onboard in Falmouth was interesting since the ship was nearly empty, but there is very little in the way of organized activities to do, even the Flowrider was only open for 45mins. So if you want to stay onboard in port to do a lot of activities (sky pad, laser tag, slides, ect,) it's very limited, and the slides and pools open later than on sea days.

-Show up early to ice skate, it's so popular and will fill up fast.

-Shows were good. We liked Grease, Finis, and the Comedy Juggler on the last day. The last two were appropriate and fun for my 9yr old son. Grease was only okay for him because the raunchy jokes and sexual themes flew right over his head. It is listed as PG-13 and recommended for mature audiences in the Cruise Compass. 

-The Royal App was nice to have and we enjoyed seeing the menus, and our folio on it. We did notice quite a few inaccuracies in the schedule however. So if in doubt, the printed Compass is correct.

-Get the Mushroom Risotto, and the Warm Dark Chocolate Cookie (it's not what you would expect) in the MDR, it was the best entrée and desert of the cruise.

-We saw 2 whales swimming through our wake while leaving Labadee, we are unsure of the type, but it was an amazing sight.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them. Happy Cruising!

Edited by DanieleBelle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpressoMama said:

Thanks for the information. 

How did you find the drink prices? How about service at the bars?

Service was great, hardly a wait. We didn't have the drink package.

Prices were (including the %18):

Beer: $9.43 for Red Strip and Corona

$8.56 Bud Light (16oz) and Coors Light (16oz)

Crown and Diet: $11.79

Labadooze: $12.67

My husband was very disappointed at the bourbon selection, last year on the Navigator they had much more. He tolerated Crown on this trip but felt it was way over priced.

Awesome review!  We were in that cruise too and saw the whales as well.  I did find this cruise to be windier than any other cruise I have been on. Not sure if it was the time of year or location. I will have to disagree with one thing. For me the chocolate soufflé was the most amazing dessert I have ever had. With that warm chocolate cookie being a close second.   Also we didn’t do breakfast in the MDR till day 4 and we are kicking ourselves. Much higher quality and you can still get as much as you want.  

2 hours ago, Aubzamzam said:

Awesome review!  We were in that cruise too and saw the whales as well.  I did find this cruise to be windier than any other cruise I have been on. Not sure if it was the time of year or location. I will have to disagree with one thing. For me the chocolate soufflé was the most amazing dessert I have ever had. With that warm chocolate cookie being a close second.   Also we didn’t do breakfast in the MDR till day 4 and we are kicking ourselves. Much higher quality and you can still get as much as you want.  

The chocolate soufflé must have been the night we went to Giovanni's, bummer,  but thanks for the heads up for next time. I'm in a post cruise depression now, LOL.