Sharing of Dining Package

direptor

Does anyone have experience of sharing dining packages? Example purchase a 4 night dining package and sharing it between 2 people to have specialty dining on 2 nights each?

This was offered once on my previous cruise but I'm unsure if its unique to that cruise as the packages were not selling well or is it something that is a norm and allowed on all ships as I'm considering if I can get a 4 night dining package to allow 4 persons to have 1 night in specialty dining.

They are going to take the cruise card of whoever buys the package at dinner but if one person made all the reservations and gave their card to the person going they might get away with it.  Not sure in restaurants if they actually pull up the guest's photo when they process the bill.  And ordering drinks could be an issue.

10 minutes ago, LeeW said:

They are going to take the cruise card of whoever buys the package at dinner but if one person made all the reservations and gave their card to the person going they might get away with it.  Not sure in restaurants if they actually pull up the guest's photo when they process the bill.  And ordering drinks could be an issue.

They ask for the stateroom numbers of everyone dining, so they know who purchased a package and who didn't.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, direptor said:

Does anyone have experience of sharing dining packages? Example purchase a 4 night dining package and sharing it between 2 people to have specialty dining on 2 nights each?

This was offered once on my previous cruise but I'm unsure if its unique to that cruise as the packages were not selling well or is it something that is a norm and allowed on all ships as I'm considering if I can get a 4 night dining package to allow 4 persons to have 1 night in specialty dining.

We have done this as well, and I was also curious about whether or not it's common practice. My husband and I purchased one 4-night package, but used it for both of us for two dinners. The woman in dining who suggested it acted as if it was no big deal, but I don't hear of others doing it this way. It was on Grandeur...what ship did they allow you to do it on?

8 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

We have done this as well, and I was also curious about whether or not it's common practice. My husband and I purchased one 4-night package, but used it for both of us for two dinners. The woman in dining who suggested it acted as if it was no big deal, but I don't hear of others doing it this way. It was on Grandeur...what ship did they allow you to do it on?

Interesting - did you do the two dinners together?  I'm assuming yes since couples tend to eat together but that makes me think they treat it more like dining credits so I wonder if a group of 4 could use it on 1 night for 1 meal together?

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Interesting - did you do the two dinners together?  I'm assuming yes since couples tend to eat together but that makes me think they treat it more like dining credits so I wonder if a group of 4 could use it on 1 night for 1 meal together?

Yes, that's exactly how we did it. The servers didn't have any issue with it either. The way it was explained to us was that yes, a group of 4 could use a 4-night package for one dinner. Basically, you are buying the meals, as opposed to the nights, and it doesn't matter how you use them. However, that was just what I got from her explanation.

2 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

Yes, that's exactly how we did it. The servers didn't have any issue with it either. The way it was explained to us was that yes, a group of 4 could use a 4-night package for one dinner. Basically, you are buying the meals, as opposed to the nights, and it doesn't matter how you use them. However, that was just what I got from her explanation.

I'm surprised they don't advertise this more, unless it is ship specific, but I think more would buy them for special meals if they're traveling with a group - now I know you then can't book restaurants until you're on board but that could still be advantageous!

Agreed! And since I do not recall seeing it discussed on here, I figured it was an exception rather than the rule. We will probably try it in a couple of weeks on Navigator though. I will try to remember to come back and report if it worked.

Interested to know if it works to get a 4 nights package for a group of 4. Previously been travelling with just a Friend and was offered the 4 nights package to use for 2 dinners but we didn't take it up that time since we already had other plans. This was on Voyager so it seems its not just 1 ship that has allowed this.