Purchased shore excursion not showing in Crusie Personaliser

Cathygh

Hi

Last Saturday I bought and paid for an excursion on our upcoming cruise. I printed off the screenshot showing I had paid. My credit card statement shows I have paid.

However it is not in my cruise personaliser and when I called P&O they have no record of it. I now realise  I did not get an email confirming the purchase.

The advisor at P&O is emailing various departments to find out what happened but I might not hear back before we sail.

Has anyone any experience of this and how was it resolved?

Thanks

Cathy

I hope you get a speedy resolution to this as you are soon to travel.  Not heard of this before but I'd make a nuisance of myself with customer services in the next day or two - they have a responsibility to sort this for you - and ask to speak to a supervisor who may be able to make decisions and make the necessary arrangements for your excursion to be recognised on board if it's too late to amend your personaliser. 

If you booked through a TA I'd get them on the case too and ask them to contact P&O on your behalf.  Our TA is excellent to chase up any queries/inconsistencies we've experienced in the past. 

Of course you'll take your documentation with you on board - they can surely not ignore a payment confirmation from P&O (thank goodness you took that screen shot!) - and go direct to destination services and see if they will sort it for you (for all that they may have the info and it's just not showing on your CP although you would have thought P&O would have a record of it in that case.)  Very odd situation.  Good luck.  Please let us know the outcome.

(I never bother to take a screen shot of the confirmation assuming the email will be there and I print out the confirmation from that - I think I'll do that in future!) 

Thanks for your comments. I've never experienced this before either. I only went back into cp to book more trips then discovered the one I have booked is missing. It's made me wary of booking through that system. I did have a TA, who sadly is no longer trading but at least the Customer Advisor at P&O did his best to be helpful. And at least the trip is not sold out so fingers crossed it will be sorted. I'll let you know.

3 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Thanks for your comments. I've never experienced this before either. I only went back into cp to book more trips then discovered the one I have booked is missing. It's made me wary of booking through that system. I did have a TA, who sadly is no longer trading but at least the Customer Advisor at P&O did his best to be helpful. And at least the trip is not sold out so fingers crossed it will be sorted. I'll let you know.

Having been alerted by you that you had issues with the CP I've just been into ours to try to enter passport details for our next trip.  You wouldn't believe the problem!  I filled all the details in for me and my husband, clicked Save Details, went back to the Homepage and it indicated they still needed filling in.  Ha!  I thought I'd log out and see if when I went in again it would have updated.  No!  So I went through it all again - same response.  I tried again and I did get one green tick (but not the other) but when I looked, it was my old passport number with its issue and expiry dates which they had obviously trawled up from our last trip but as we have new passports, that really wasn't very helpful.  How could that happen??  Throwing up old info I hadn't entered during this attempt but failing to accept the new info I was submitting! 

After half an hour of frustration I rang P&O.  On the tree I selected the option 'booked through TA' and was told to contact my TA.  Since the issue is between me and the CP software I don't see how my TA can help so I rang again and went through to complaints.  The lady I spoke to didn't register any surprise (!) asked me for the details, entered them herself and Bingo!  It's all there.  But it begs the question as to why the CP behaves so strangely.  I seem to remember having problems once before with this but eventually got the details recorded and saved but it's clearly not reliable.  

P.S.  Have you tried 'Complaints'?  Might be worth it. 

Edited by kruzseeka

May be gremlins, but P&O have had over 48 hours to sort this and I'm still waiting. Meanwhile I have lost confidence in the system so I won't be booking any more trips till I get on board. Fingers crossed they will not be full!

We have result. We have been refunded (or will be in 5-7 days), been given an apology and extra obc.

The IT department are going to investigate to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks to all of you for your support

Regards

Cathy

• Thanks 1

Good result!   Thanks for letting us know.  

Does seem as though there are some glitches in the software associated with the CP.  Goodness knows how it failed to save my passport details- definitely think it needs the IT department to check it out on that front too!

Anyway, enjoy your cruise and hope you can secure the excursion you thought you'd booked once on board. 👍