Top 10 of Miami with MIA Transportation - Carnival

Clarasgrandma

Prior to cruising, I did not see any info on this excursion so I thought I would leave a quick review.  This excursion was a good way to kill time before a super late flight!  Our flight wasn't until 5:40PM. That being said, normally we would wait til the last minute to get off the ship and enjoy our last breakfast at a leisurely pace. With this excursion, we had to be at our meeting place at 7:30am so we didn't have much time to relax and enjoy the last bit of our cruise.  The first hour of this tour was spent driving around in the bus with the tour guide giving us history on the area and pointing out areas of interest such as the "star's" homes.  Once we got to little Havana, we were given the choice of walking around on our own or going with the tour guide to a cigar store and the visitor's center (free cuban coffee here).  We choose to do our own thing which involved grabbing lunch at a little cuban restaurant that had an order window that you could order from right at the sidewalk or you could walk in an sit down. (I will say our guide warned us that the restaurants in this area are on "island time" and not to quick with orders, etc and he was right!)  Then we went for an ice cream.  This area has a lot of little shops as well as a lot of character.  After we met back on the bus at the assigned time, we drove through a graffiti area that has beautifully creative artwork on the sides of buildings.  We were given a few minutes to get off the bus and take pictures.  I should mention also that this day it started out raining and the South beach tour people on the bus were given the opportunity to stay on and do the top 10 or get off and do their tour as it was and they chose to stay on with us.  This tour had us at the MIA approx 12:15PM so we still had plenty of time to WAIT!  Also that bus took people to FLL and they said they'd get there around 1PM-ish.  Overall, I don't think this was really exciting but it did get us out and away from the airport for awhile.  I think partly it depends on if you enjoy history and also what tour guide you get.  Ours wasn't very energetic (he was nice and friendly) but I think someone more lively could have really added some entertainment to this tour.