Excursions as a solo

ksmommy5

Hello fellow solos!

I am considering an excursion in Cozumel (BarHop) but worried as a solo about how sociable it will be. Any solos ever taken this party bus and was welcomed with the other travellers. I dont want to be that sad girl drinking alone at the bar lol

I've done pub crawl excursions in other ports (Key West, Halifax) and they've been fun and very sociable.  Actually, one of my favorite types of excursions, especially as a solo.  Funny you mention that pub crawl in Cozumel - I'm going on Symphony of the Seas in September and was looking at that excursion. Sounds fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the cozumel bar hop 5 or 6 times. At least 3 as a solo.  You aren't really at any bar long enough to have to sit alone at the bar.  Actually at the bars is where you will likely inter-act more with your fellow passengers, chit-chat and the like.  For me, I have a routine, know my favorite places to sit after my free shot, feel the sun on my face,, or get my feet wet, in Coconuts get up to the top quickly and choose a seat above the cliff to enjoy the view, order nachos and a drink and just take in the view.    I feel extremely safe in Cozumel regardless what I do, but especially on the bar hop, which is really more of a beach hop without swimming.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 4:21 PM, hucifer said:

I too did the Bar Hop as a solo and i didn't feel awkward at all. By the second bar, people were asking to sit with me. I wasn't without company after that and had a fantastic time.

Ok, I just want to say it is an HONOUR to have you comment on my post. I legit read through your review (22 pages!) of the Allure and you had me in tears.  I am debating between BarHop and Nachi Cocum for Cozumel. I am doing Maya Chan in Costa Maya already but I cant grasp spending 60$ on alcohol when I can walk around port of Coz and quad-fist 1$ Coronas lol

I did the bar hop two years ago, but with a buddy. Whatever your fears are, ignore them and go! That part of the island is so beautiful and not very developed, and its nice to get away from the big resorts on the main side. Plus, you'll have the safety of being with a group. 

The bars are located next to beautiful beaches, some with sand and some with big boulders to step on, that are wonderful for exploring with your drinks. The first stop had these cool hammocks and the last stop had beach chairs to chill out on. You don't need a buddy to do that with. Grab something to eat at the second stop. I think its called Coconuts. The food was really good. It might be crowded here, so you might have to share a table with somebody. Just ask, I'm sure they won't mind. The tables with the sea views are located farthest from the bar, so grab one right away when you arrive, if that is what you want. We sat near the back of the bus, so by the time we arrived inside, all of the tables with sea views were taken and we had to sit near the bar. It was still good.

Cozumel has fantastic beaches and a wonderful reef full of beautiful fish to snorkel with. Please, don't waste your day wandering around the port looking at tacky tourist shops and restaurants.

I've done the Bar Hop a few times as a solo traveler. Always meet great people that are very welcoming and I have made a lot of new friends, I'm still in contact with some I made on the excursions. One of my favorite excursions ever on a cruise. 

RCI Day 5-22.JPG

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:08 AM, ksmommy5 said:

Ok, I just want to say it is an HONOUR to have you comment on my post. I legit read through your review (22 pages!) of the Allure and you had me in tears.  I am debating between BarHop and Nachi Cocum for Cozumel. I am doing Maya Chan in Costa Maya already but I cant grasp spending 60$ on alcohol when I can walk around port of Coz and quad-fist 1$ Coronas lol

Oh my gosh, thank you. Comments like yours are very humbling. I am so glad that you enjoyed it! Anyway, yeppers...I recommend Nachi Cocum over Cozumel Bar Hop. I mean...free drinks all day under an umbrella? Pffft. No contest. Then again, the Bar Hop was more social and therefore more fun. NC was relaxing and quiet. I guess it depends what you are in the mood for.