Questions about wine and soft drinks.

BDL

Hi - Its been years since I've cruised Carnival. Going on a Sensation 5 day in October with two girlfriends. (Leaving the hubbies home!). Just wondering what anyone's recent history in Tampa bringing Wine on board. We'll buy at dinner, etc, but we would like to have a drink on the balcony before dinner. Also - does anyone know which they have on board - Coke or Pepsi products?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Barb icon_smile.gif

Hi. Carnival's policy on beverages is the same at Tampa as at every homeport. You can bring on a bottle or two of wine with no problem. You can also bring your own soft drinks - they say a 'reasonable amount'. And yep, they serve Coke products only.

I wrap my wine in bubblewrap and then in the 2-gal. Ziploc bags, and put them in my checked luggage. (YOu can't just walk onto the ship with them in your hand.) icon_wink.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Cotton-it sounds like you have had a different experience than me. If you are bringing the wine on at the time of embarkation-you can just walk in with it in your hand or your carry on. It clearly states in Carnival policy that bringing on wine is allowed. I have never had any problems. Well, okay-one slight problem. One time one of the security guys was really inexperienced and he was convinced that what I had wasn't wine. It looked just like your ordinary wine bottle. I was preparred for a fight as I thought he was telling me I couldn't bring wine on. I had the literature in my hand with Carnival's wine policy in it. Turned out not to be an issue at all, when one of the other guards convinced this misled gentleman that it was wine he was trying to confiscate.

I've never packed our champagne in our checked luggage -- too afraid it would break, and what a waste that would be. We usually take about six bottles of champagne on our seven night cruises, and we carry it on board in a soft-sided collapsible cooler. We've done it this way on our last several cruises, and it's never been an issue.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

My wife carried her wine on board also with out any problemss (3) bottles...ok I carried it icon_biggrin.gif

11/02/03 Carnival Inspiration

03/20/04 Carnival Glory

12/13/04 Carnival Legend

04/17/05 Carnival Spirit

Till the Legend Sails

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Taking the Spirit West Aloha style

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;4;17;21;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hey y'all... icon_biggrin.gif I was only being facetious - picturing a nice lady boarding the ship with her purse over her shoulder and a jug of wine in each hand! icon_biggrin.gif (Before you say it, I KNOW nobody would take JUGS.) icon_rolleyes.gif

I should have left my sense of humor elsewhere, and said "of course it can be brought onboard in your carryon bag".

I'm not hiding my wine - I just like packing it (as I said - very securely so it doesn't break) in my checked luggage, so I don't have to carry it onboard...it's heavy! icon_wink.gif I take a medium-sized piece of luggage with wine and Cokes - all well-padded. (My clothing is in another bag.)

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Thanks for the replies... sounds like we won't have a problem bring a few bottles of wine. Another question - are there refrigerators?

Thanks,

Barb

Cotton-sorry I didn't pick up on your sense of humor. Trying to work and post on these boards at the same time kinda forces me to skim over some of the detail!

Barb-as far as refrigdgerators. I am pretty sure the answer to that question is that it is ship and cabin dependent. The Sensation will not have them in the cabin, unless you have a category 11 or 12. I think that is right. I have been on her twice. Once in a standard ocean view (no fridge) and once in a cat. 12 (I think it had a fridge-I can't really remember). The upgrade fairy was really favorable for me on that cruise!

Did those of you that packed your wine, did you purchase and pack at your destination or has anyone traveled with their wine in their luggage when they flew? I'm interested in bringing some local wines and so would have to travel with it in the plane. Just wondering if anyone had problems (breakage etc) if it was packed or did you keep it in your carry-on in the plane? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My wife carried her wine on board also with out any problemss (3) bottles...ok I carried it

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, that's what I meant too -- my husband carried it on the ship. icon_wink.gif

As far as carrying wine on the plane, we've done that several times when we visited Napa Valley. We just carried it on the plane in the box (usually a four pack) from the winery, and put it under the seat.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Hi LuvscoutII - We usually buy the wind in the departure port. We like to get in at least a day early so have plenty of time.

Thanks for the info Live2Cruz - We decided to go for the Cat 12 since we got a good price and we're splitting it evenly for the three of us.

Does anyone know if the Sensation has refrigerators in Cat 12? I'd love to have a few diet Pepsis with me. I don't like Coke products (Just my opinion - I know many people prefer Coke)

Thanks,

Barb

BDL, I am in a cat12 on Sensation, 5/15/04. I have been told by my PVP (and it's on the cabin description on Carnival.com), that we WILL have a refrigerator. I will be writing a review when I return, and will be able to tell you all about the PENTHOUSE SUITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or Get the $&@* out of the way!

Liquor allowed? No. Possible? absolutely! We fill up a few plastic soda bottles with our favorite beverages, seal them in doubled baggies, and pack them in a hard sided suitcase with a case of beer!

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Archived