St. Thomas Sea Lion Swim question

emoorehead

Has anyone been on the Sea Lion Swim at Coral World in St. Thomas?

I will be doing that excursion in April and I am wondering if I need to take water shoes along or if wearing my sneakers and going in the water barefoot would work.

Thanks for any information.

Edited by emoorehead
I can't spell

We just did this last week.  

Excellent excursion- we only had 5 people in our group and over an hour with the sea lions. 

You'll probably want to go barefoot- the swim is in a tank, no rocks or anything to worry about.

The photo package price is based on number of people in your group- they said they didn't sell individual photos for the sea lion swim.  I did see their list had an individual photo price, but I didn't push too hard because we probably have over 100 photos for 2 of us, and 80% of them are great. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Thanks for the information. I am really looking forward to this. When the excursions for my cruise dropped I saw this and I knew my son would want to do it. He is 17, so the angsty teenager in him is keeping him from getting excited about the cruise, but when he saw this excursion he practically jumped out of his seat. We ended up snagging the last 2 spots for it on our cruise.

I was reading that the pictures are available on a thumb drive or CD (I don't remember which it said). Is that accurate, or is it actual paper photos that we would take with us when we leave?

It is a thumb drive. Everyone gets one posed photo, and you can pick whether that’s on land or in water. If you have an idea for a pose they’ll accommodate within reason. If not, they will give you ideas. The rest of the drive has candid shots of your group. 

• Like 1

We did this excursion on a Royal Carribbean cruise in 2012.  It was a lot of fun, you and your son will love it! The sea lions are like big water dogs and so sweet and lovable.  You’ll be in a tank similar to an above ground pool.  Coral World was a neat facility to look around afterwards.  When my husband and I did this excursion back in 2012 we kept saying  how much our son would have enjoyed it. (That was on a cruise for just mom and dad... he was home with grandparents) Its a fun excursion for all ages, and sure to provide happy memories for you and your son! 

• Like 1

Awesome! Thank you all. 

I am so stoked about this cruise! We have had it booked for 502 days......only 66 days to go, so getting super excited. 

I am glad to hear about so many good experiences with this excursion. Being that this is our first cruise, it is kind of hard to know what to expect and what kinds of things will be enjoyable just based on reviews that you read online. I know everything is subjective, but it is nice to hear the positive things to help squash the negative.

3 hours ago, purplephenom said:

It is a thumb drive. 

How much was the thumb drive? (Just trying to get an idea of how much cash to take.)

What is the food situation at Coral World? (Teenage boy, he will starve to death if he doesn't fill his hollow leg every 2 hours.....lol.)

Do they have lockers to stow your stuff while you are swimming?

As someone who lived in St.Thomas, you do not need Carnival to go to Coral World and Coki Beach. The are taxis at the dock and taxis waiting at Coral World. The food is great, more like beach/street food, but very good. Here is a link and you can compare Carnival vs Taxi. There is a guy at Coki that makes incredible fresh smoothies. Yes, there are lockers, bathrooms and showers. Snorkel around the netting that encloses Coral World, there are tons of fish.

https://coralworldvi.com/

• Like 1