Carnival Pride - Artwork was removed/covered

Futureman3000

Just now, 30scruiser said:

Yes, they are gone. There is just plain brown wood in the frame. Not sure if other things are covered over too. This just looked like it had to be covering something.

Thanks for the confirmation.  So, for whatever reason, at least some of the artwork on Carnival Pride has indeed been removed or covered.  It may be due to complaints, it may be for upkeep costs.  As others have mentioned, there were indeed many bright white, scratched-off nipples (on male and female figures🙄). 

So, rumour confirmed.  I don't visit FB, nor do I follow the brand ambassador on any platform.  Would someone please tell me, did said Carnival representative actually deny that this was done?   It seems that some here have implied that he did?

9 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks for the confirmation.  So, for whatever reason, at least some of the artwork on Carnival Pride has indeed been removed or covered.  It may be due to complaints, it may be for upkeep costs.  As others have mentioned, there were indeed many bright white, scratched-off nipples (on male and female figures🙄). 

So, rumour confirmed.  I don't visit FB, nor do I follow the brand ambassador on any platform.  Would someone please tell me, did said Carnival representative actually deny that this was done?   It seems that some here have implied that he did?

These are his words... "Well I can assure you that we have not covered any artwork up on the Carnival Pride during dry dock and any reports saying we have are false so please ignore. We did some years ago add a fig leaf to cover David's dangly bits in the Steakhouse."

If you go back to my original post you will see that the photo of the artwork the guy was talking about is the back of the elevator. 

The source of the photo was a drydock worker's FB page that was shared on a Carnival FB page.  I never claimed that my post was from a verified source but it DOES clearly show the back of the elevator.  

Removing artwork from an elevator is likely because of the vandalism noted.  (scratching off nipples...  LOL)  Not because of complaints.  But it seems like the elevators might be the only places.

Edited by Futureman3000

14 hours ago, ray98 said:

Anyone ever thought it is just a repair in progress? 

Everyone is in such a hurry to jump on the outrage train these days.

A voice of reason among the crazies.

If they were trying to cover up paintings, I highly doubt they would slap a piece of wood over them and call it a day. If anything they would have just painted or wallpapered over it. It is likely maintenance. 

Edited by Doggielover68
  • Like 1

Sorry i didn’t take a picture. To the best of my recollection it was a finished piece of wood. It definitely was not plywood but I couldn’t say whether it was intended to be permanent or not.

They were there throughout the cruise and the elevators were in use and not being worked on so it seems like either they were meant to be temporary and left by mistake or meant to be permanent.

2 hours ago, Futureman3000 said:

The backs of the elevators.  That's all this is about now.  It's been verbally confirmed by several.

The question is not if, but when? Before or during the drydock. If before, how long before?

Another thought is perhaps it was to protect and not conceal.

2 minutes ago, 30scruiser said:

Sorry i didn’t take a picture. To the best of my recollection it was a finished piece of wood. It definitely was not plywood but I couldn’t say whether it was intended to be permanent or not.

They were there throughout the cruise and the elevators were in use and not being worked on so it seems like either they were meant to be temporary and left by mistake or meant to be permanent.

I believe you.  Thank you for the report and further details. 

Maybe a current or future Pride cruiser will take a picture and share it with us at some point as further confirmation..

19 hours ago, 30scruiser said:

Yes, they are gone. There is just plain brown wood in the frame. Not sure if other things are covered over too. This just looked like it had to be covering something.

Do you have a picture to confirm this as the hotel director is saying nothing has been removed.