Misty Fjord Flight Tours Airlines

jimmyp

Hello,

I know Island Wings is highly recommended on this board. I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the other flight companies.

Have you come across any that don't have a weight supplement? 

Some of the tours seem to let people stand out on the pontoons rather than docking/pulling up to shore. Standing on the pontoon seems more interesting to me. Is it one person at a time? So the rest of the people are in the plane waiting? 

Any experience you can share would be great.

Thanks, 

Jim

18 hours ago, jimmyp said:

Some of the tours seem to let people stand out on the pontoons rather than docking/pulling up to shore. Standing on the pontoon seems more interesting to me. Is it one person at a time? So the rest of the people are in the plane waiting

When I did this tour, the plane may have been a larger plane than the companies seem to use now.  My plane had 2 engines, but there were not any more people aboard than the one engine plane in which I flew 2 years.  I recall that we were all able to get out of the plane and stand on the floats at the same time.  This Misty Fjord experience is one of my most favorite tours that I have ever taken.  Standing on those floats, surrounded by the natural beauty of the Lake on which we landed and the silence:  awesome!

• Like 1