"Select an active booking" on My Bookings

JezzaC

Hi,

decided to give MSC another chance after 8 years and booked a cruise. Cruise is booked and everything should be fine - I can see my booking in the website. BUT when trying add additional services and see their prices - I can just get a screen "Select on active booking". I can see my cruise information below but can't select anything.  Anyone had this issue? 

Have tried now with Safari and Chrome, next will try Firefox. Am already starting to regret making a booking to MSC - forgot how bad their online services are.

Their website is a hot mess. If you just made the booking let it settle at least overnight. I think it takes the systems a while to catch up.

I could see my booking when I logged in with the booking number but NOT when I logged in via the MSC account.  They had to link it. Took a phone call and overnight.

7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The OP is from Finland, STW ... different website.

I bet it's still a hot mess. 🤣  While their front-end (the part we see) is country-specific, the back-end (where the actual work is done)  is going to reside on a large, central mainframe running old code written in COBOL. Yes, I'm a nerd. 

I find some of the complaints about the website funny sometimes;  I can't pre-book laundry, spa or wifi packages on the Ireland website, they're just not offered to us.  I haven't been able to log in since last April;  I can only access a specific booking with the booking number.  I can't access the number of points I have in Voyagers Club, which shows me as 'Classic' - again, that's since April last year.  This despite several reports to MSC on the subject.

10 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I find some of the complaints about the website funny sometimes;  I can't pre-book laundry, spa or wifi packages on the Ireland website, they're just not offered to us.  I haven't been able to log in since last April;  I can only access a specific booking with the booking number.  I can't access the number of points I have in Voyagers Club, which shows me as 'Classic' - again, that's since April last year.  This despite several reports to MSC on the subject.

This impacts their bottom line.  I would think they would get it fixed.