Booking through TA question- MBNA question

trtllovr

Hey All,

Heres my situation...

I put a deposit down on my cruise through my TA. I have a NCL MBNA card that I put the deposit down on. Should I get the 4% points for that even though it went through my TA- or does the money go to my TA and then she pays for the deposit using a check or something?

Also, I heard I have up until a few weeks before the cruise to get my certificates in, is that true? OR do I have to have them all in by the time I give in my final payment?

ONE MORE: Do you know if I can pay the final payment with my MBNA card? Will it acknowledge the fact that I "bought" something NCL'ish (in other words, I should be getting 4% points on my final payment, right?)

Sorry if this is the least bit confusing, you can only imagine whats going on in my head right now- its even worse!

TIA!

You should get the 4% even if it goes through your TA, and you should definitely put your final payment on the card -- build up those points for the next cruise! It probably goes without saying, but put your on-board account charges on the NCL MBNA card too.

As far as redeeming them, I've only done it once so far, and I sent my $500 certificate to my TA, who forwarded it on to NCL, and then I charged the remaining balance to the MBNA card. I got my certificate about 10-14 days after I requested it -- very easy, and quick service. Hopefully it works as easily this summer when I redeem the next $1,000 to make the final payment on our November cruise :D . I don't know what would happen if you made the final payment, and then sent the certificates in closer to your sailing date, but I'm sure someone else will.

I booked the Dawn for Feb 23 after the final payment was due, paid in full on my MBNA card and then sent 2500 points to NCL. Within the same billing cycle, my MBNA account was credited for the points. It wiil be almost a free cruise.

Love those MBNA points.

Carole

Yes your credit card should be processed through NCL and the bonus point given. I have sent in certificates past final payment and always been credited, however, I NEVER send them to the TA, you are far better off sending them directly to NCL via the address on the back of the certificates. Your TA can not process them and only forwards them for you, taking up more time and adding the possiblity of getting lost. They are not replacable, as they state, but photo copy them anyway and send them via registered mail.

They required them at time of full payment when I booked at the end of September. You can mail them to them (FedEx is recommended) right when you make your final payment but they don't show a full amount paid on your cruise till they credit the certificates unless you want them to charge that amount to the card and then deduct it when they get the certificates. So if they do not show a full amount being paid at time of final payment they can - not that they will - cancel the booking. :eek: If you dont' mind them crediting back your card (no points) then they might let you mail them in after final but if you are counting on the points and cash back I'd plan on getting them in at final payment just in case. Debbie

Archived