Nursery services for 2 year old

tmgrry

My wife and I hope to take our 2-year old on his first cruise this summer.  Are there any NCL ships with child care services for 2 year olds so mom and dad can sneak in a dinner for two for a few hours without the little one?  

Edited by tmgrry

1 hour ago, tmgrry said:

My wife and I hope to take our 2-year old on his first cruise this summer.  Are there any NCL ships with child care services for 2 year olds so mom and dad can sneak in a dinner for two for a few hours without the little one?  

Correct. The Escape is the only NCL ship with a nursery for kids under 2 years old. 

26 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Eat late in a specialty restaurant, have the little one all bathed and dressed for bed.  Let him fall asleep in the umbrella stroller, gon enjoy your meal....no big deal.:classic_wink:

This totally works unless you have a kid like mine who 100% refused to ever sit in a stroller again once she started walking.  I mean ... NEVER.   It's been six years since that stage and I'm still tired.  :classic_biggrin:

Have you considered asking beloved grandparents to come along (in their own cabin)?  It changes the tone of the vaycay but super handy.  

Thanks all! Looks like it's the Escape. We've asked the grandparents to tag along, even offered to pay their way. They in turn offered to watch their grandson at home. Wife isn't ready to leave her son for a week.

2 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Eat late in a specialty restaurant, have the little one all bathed and dressed for bed.  Let him fall asleep in the umbrella stroller, gon enjoy your meal....no big deal.:classic_wink:

I can't tell you how much I would have paid to have either one of my children EVER fall asleep in a stroller...