Platinum embarkation question in Long Beach

Blondie and Magnum

Hello, first time cruising out of Long Beach.  Being platinum, we are used to arriving at the piers in Florida when it opens regardless of our "appointed time."  Can anyone tell me what time the pier opens and if there is any problem arriving earlier then what is printed on my boarding pass.  We have to be out of the hotel by 11 and need to know if I should ask for late check out.  Thanks in advance!

We are also Platinum and we cruised on the Splendor this past November. We stayed on the Queen Mary which is right next to the pier where Carnival docks. We had sailed from Long Beach before and it USED to be the worst port to cruise from. Now, it is awesome. We gave our bags to a porter around 9:30 or so and went back and checked out of the hotel. We were allowed into the terminal well ahead of our check in time (allowable for priority guests), we were led to the VIP waiting area which is very nice and probably 30 minutes later we boarded. In the past you waited outside under an awning, they had a small building for priority guests but it was small with office style seating. Since Carnival remodeled the entire dome it is very easy to board. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MEUB1112 said:

We are also Platinum and we cruised on the Splendor this past November. We stayed on the Queen Mary which is right next to the pier where Carnival docks. We had sailed from Long Beach before and it USED to be the worst port to cruise from. Now, it is awesome. We gave our bags to a porter around 9:30 or so and went back and checked out of the hotel. We were allowed into the terminal well ahead of our check in time (allowable for priority guests), we were led to the VIP waiting area which is very nice and probably 30 minutes later we boarded. In the past you waited outside under an awning, they had a small building for priority guests but it was small with office style seating. Since Carnival remodeled the entire dome it is very easy to board. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

THIS!!

The cruise terminal is my favorite! They have a "Captain's Lounge" for plat's, diamonds, and suites that really is super nice. That said, I've only cruised a few terminals since turning platinum, so maybe there is a nicer one, but I love Long Beach. CCL did an amazing renovation. It's a wonderful way to start off your cruise if you're an early arrival. You will be so happy.

The (new) Carnival Long Beach, CA cruise terminal is great!  I have cruised out of there at least ten (10) times in the last twelve (12) months.

We usually get there around 11am, park in the parking structure, and usually board within 15-20 minutes (VIFP Platinum)

The new VIFP Diamond/Platinum room is LARGE (old room was SMALL)

• Like 1