Viking Ocean Transatlantic in December

TXNewlyweds

We just booked a transatlantic cruise on Viking Ocean -- Lisbon to Miami -- for December of this year.   This will be our longest cruise, our first on Viking Ocean, our first transatlantic and our first Christmas on a cruise ship.   Per the itinerary we'll be in Bermuda on Christmas Eve :-).

Looking for advice on weather, daytime cruise attire on Viking Ocean and dinner attire.   I know there are no formal nights, but we're thinking we'll dress a bit spiffier for Christmas dinner.  From what we've read they say Viking Ocean is a more casual ship, but it's hard to envision more casual than NCL or RCCL...   I'm thinking they might mean a different kind of casual???

Hopefully some of you have some experience to share...  TIA

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, TXNewlyweds said:

We just booked a transatlantic cruise on Viking Ocean -- Lisbon to Miami -- for December of this year.   This will be our longest cruise, our first on Viking Ocean, our first transatlantic and our first Christmas on a cruise ship.   Per the itinerary we'll be in Bermuda on Christmas Eve :-).

Looking for advice on weather, daytime cruise attire on Viking Ocean and dinner attire.   I know there are no formal nights, but we're thinking we'll dress a bit spiffier for Christmas dinner.  From what we've read they say Viking Ocean is a more casual ship, but it's hard to envision more casual than NCL or RCCL...   I'm thinking they might mean a different kind of casual???

Hopefully some of you have some experience to share...  TIA

I don't know how much help this will be...I am booked on Regent Lisbon to Miami as well, but it will be over Thanksgiving.  Even though many fellow cruisers won't be American (and celebrate Thanksgiving), I still plan on wearing a beaded cocktail dress.  I just finished a cruise from Barcelona with an itinerary in the  Atlantic and it was quite warm, 60's and sunny.  You could get away with capris and short sleeve tops for sea days and Bermuda, but bring a jacket for outside.  It will be tropical the closer you get to Miami, so you may also want some shorts/tanks.

Viking is not a “ beaded cocktail dress” line. However  If that’s what makes you comfortable no reason you can’t wear it. Most women on our 30 day cruise wore short casual dresses or black pants and sheer or more silky tops.

You will be comfortable no matter what you wear that would also be proper in a fine dining restaurant anywhere.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:54 AM, lisajltx said:

I don't know how much help this will be...I am booked on Regent Lisbon to Miami as well, but it will be over Thanksgiving.  Even though many fellow cruisers won't be American (and celebrate Thanksgiving), I still plan on wearing a beaded cocktail dress.  I just finished a cruise from Barcelona with an itinerary in the  Atlantic and it was quite warm, 60's and sunny.  You could get away with capris and short sleeve tops for sea days and Bermuda, but bring a jacket for outside.  It will be tropical the closer you get to Miami, so you may also want some shorts/tanks.

I have a navy blue indigo stretch velvet dress I've been thinking to take for Christmas dinner.  I know it's probably a bit dressy but it's Christmas afterall.   Living in the sub tropical south Texas -- 60's are winter for us 😂.   I'm thinking this trip will be a good chance for us to see if we can travel with only carry on luggage -- even though it will be our longest non-car trip.  I'm hoping by then I will have defined my style and paired things down to a fun, workable capsule travel wardrobe!

• Like 1