TV on Explorer specifically the Explorer suite

flyers

Can anyone who has done this, or is on the Explorer now, please  advise if there is a way to attach wireless ear buds or headphone speakers to the TV`s in the Explorer suite using a USB  port or external speaker port so that movies etc. can be watched without disturbing one`s mate.

Thank you Xerxes. Looking at the few available photos I could not see any evidence of available ports either. Is the  door between the bedroom and Living room substantial enough to be able to block sound from the TV ?...We are booked into 921.

Many Thanks

Not on the Explorer right now but last time I was, just over a year ago, the TVs were Samsung 477 series. On the refit of Mariner Samsung 690s were fitted.

Both are "hospitality" TVs, they can be, and are, locked down by Regent. Furthermore the remotes have been castrated and many features are not available from the supplied remotes.

However both models do have a standard 3.5mm stereo audio jack socket.  Unfortunately it is on the rear of the TV (none on the side).  When they are wall mounted you have to unmount them to gain access to the audio socket.

No USB ports that can be used to gain access to the audio.

Best you could do would be to ask to have the TV unmounted, your audio lead plugged in and then it remounted.

We just.bought a new Samsung 65inch curve TV and all the ports are in the back and it is wall mounted so we can’t connect directly either.  Our solution was to have a Denon tuner and I can jump music or films to it via our Wi-Fi system.  We love Samsung quality but they should’ve come up with some external connectors.  Our TV is a smart tv and love it.  I don’t think any luxury lines we have been on have external USB ports.

Malbec

Both those Samsung ranges do have USB ports, which can be used for showing pictures and videos, BUT the regent remotes don't allow you to select them.

Further I do use the USBs on the TVs to charge stuff such as tablets and phones.

Would it not be easier to have a multi port portable USB charger for multiple devices?  We each carry two devices and can charge them all it once.  I bought charger on Amazon and bought extended cords if we were losing battery life so we could continue to use them while they are charging.  They really work well and you won’t need the TV for charging.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, flyers said:

Thank you Xerxes. Looking at the few available photos I could not see any evidence of available ports either. Is the  door between the bedroom and Living room substantial enough to be able to block sound from the TV ?...We are booked into 921.

Many Thanks

The door is very substantial. You won’t have any trouble.