Formal Nights on the 6 day Liberty Cruise

cruznlobo

On the Liberty there is one formal night on Monday and a Formal optional on Thursday.

I am waiting patiently for you to get back to let me know WHO the cruise director is. Lots of speculation about John Heald.

From the sounds of it, a Formal Optional night is when you have the choice to dress up or not. ;) :) From what I've read around here it seems the majority of people will dress up again.

I myself am packing for 2 formal nights, but my mother who is slightly overweight and very self-conscious of it (and also has never worn anything formal in her life, other than her own wedding) won't be. This will also be the first time she's worn a bathing suit in 4 years. :(

RizzoLee: My mom wore a pants suit.

Your mom will see all sizes and shapes onboard- What you see on the commercials are all nice but not reality. Of course on the commercials we see all slim and fit people.

I am reading that formal optional-- some people get dressed where others dont.

Both formal nights are on port days. The first one being at free port which isnt so bad since we are back by 3pm. the other is cozumel or costa maya..which is by 5. I guess that is why the formal optional.

Most people DO get fancied up the first one and get kinda laid back the second.

Thank you for the information. I like the opportunity to get dressed up and have a nice dinner. It could be because I don't get the chance to get fancy in my everyday life (I'm at home with two kids). Maybe if I were still working in the corporate world it wouldn't be as appealing.

Serene-Believe me, I've told her time and time again that not everyone is petite and perfect-looking, everyone else is on vacation too, and will be a couple pounds heavier by the end of it anyways. :D Her weight is due to a medical condition, not over-eating. I remind her that 60% of the population is now overweight in one way or another, as well.

She tried on her pants-suit, way too small now too, and she hasn't been able to work in over a year-therefore money is extremely tight for unexpected expenses. :( She's making due with a skirt and sparkly top combo. ;)

Thank you for the information. I like the opportunity to get dressed up and have a nice dinner. It could be because I don't get the chance to get fancy in my everyday life (I'm at home with two kids). Maybe if I were still working in the corporate world it wouldn't be as appealing.

Does not matter what you wear it will still be the same food.

From the sounds of it, a Formal Optional night is when you have the choice to dress up or not. ;) :) From what I've read around here it seems the majority of people will dress up again.

I myself am packing for 2 formal nights, but my mother who is slightly overweight and very self-conscious of it (and also has never worn anything formal in her life, other than her own wedding) won't be. This will also be the first time she's worn a bathing suit in 4 years. :(

On our Dec 19th Liberty.. no one sitting anywhere near us dressed up on the second formal night.

I usually just bring a nice dressy pair of black pants and a couple of sparkly tops.. no biggie..

But some folks look like they are going to a fancy wedding.. anything goes..

Archived