We just booked a cruise on Norwegian Jewel, Suite 15500. It is apparently a relativel

MHKBCrusin

I just booked DOS 15000 from Tokyo to Alaska, Kristin's video was the motive to get this category!

However  the description on NCL does not mention the hot tub on the balcony. Called an agent and they confirmed "No hot tub" - I thought probably they looked at their pictures which shows a completely different room.

In order to avoid confusion, can anyone confirm if this stateroom still have hot tub? I heard that another dry-dock was planned Dec 21 - could they have removed them?

29 minutes ago, TigerRider said:

I just booked DOS 15000 from Tokyo to Alaska, Kristin's video was the motive to get this category!

However  the description on NCL does not mention the hot tub on the balcony. Called an agent and they confirmed "No hot tub" - I thought probably they looked at their pictures which shows a completely different room.

In order to avoid confusion, can anyone confirm if this stateroom still have hot tub? I heard that another dry-dock was planned Dec 21 - could they have removed them?

Can't help you out with pictures details about 15000 -

The floor plans have not been updated (ever) by NCL and vary by ship in the JEWEL class.

JEWEL class ships - JEWEL JADE GEM PEARL 

Have stayed in 15500 which had a hot tub on the balcony - which I didn't use.

To use the hot tub requires firing up the heating element - the jacuzzi is electric and

can kick in with a switch - but the water temperature needs to be brought up from

the Norway Norwegian cellar to be habitable.

The hot tub cabin 15500 is accessible from the bedroom or bathroom and is located in

a corner balcony port side - the balcony is an odd pie shaped - the hot tub takes up

about a third of the balcony space. There is a hot tub in the Haven courtyard deck 14

but expect it to be crowded and in use - the two Garden Villas each have their own.

That noted with the removal of the bath-tubs in the suites maybe there is something

to the removal of the hot tubs too - except for the spa suites - there are or were 3

larger hot tubs on the pool deck 12 - that are almost in continual use.

Pictures of hot tub and balcony 15500

Picture of 3 hot tubs pool deck

Picture of 15000 and 15500 from Pit Stop Bar deck 14 forward

15000 is to the left and 15500 right note the hot tubs are visible

15500 has a blue light reflecting off where the HT is located

So unless dry-dock removed the tubs they are still there ? 

DSC09053.JPG

DSC09054.JPG

DSC09055.JPG

DSC09345.JPG

DSC09175.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:06 PM, MHKBCrusin said:

Here is Kristins review of 15500 ....

Hello, I have watched this video SO many times, and happy to find you here on CC. We just upgraded to the 15000 stateroom (from HF), so your video is very helpful as we explore our new booking.

I wonder what was done to these suites during dry dock Winter 2021-22?  I guess I'll find out soon enough... May 2 in Alaska, 41 days to go!

How was the noise from the pool deck (both through the windows and on the balcony)? 

How about level of privacy on the balcony? 

How about views of Alaskan glacier days directly from balcony? or are there better spots in the Haven to soak in glacier days?

Thank you for all of your great info! 

Observation from 15500 - 15500 can't be any much different

How was the noise from the pool deck (both through the windows and on the balcony)?

Noise YES when there are pool sail-away parties - on the balcony obviously - in the stateroom

through the windows yes you will notice it - but these pool parties are daylight hours and if

evening ending near 10pm - In Summary not totally sound proof - heavy bass is what maybe

annoying ?

How about level of privacy on the balcony?

Privacy through the stateroom windows daylight OK at night the lights in the cabin will 

betray your outline and presence - out on the balcony with its glass panel - I can see you.

However you are on deck 15 the closest visible deck below is 12 - not much of an issue

Angle of reflective glass 

Across on deck 14 The Pit Stop Bar would need telephoto lens or binoculars to entertain

this .

Really peeping toms on board a ship - - - getting into and out of that elevated hot tub

with less than functional swim wear could offer a brief - very brief thrill - the Alaska

chill air may required a towel wrap to ward it off

How about views of Alaskan glacier days directly from balcony?

or are there better spots in the Haven to soak in glacier days?

Excellent viewing all along the port side suite 15500 and starboard 15000 with no 

interruption from anyone else (your own private balcony of course) 

Alternate view go down one deck and thru the deck 14 Haven and up the stairs

to private Haven sun deck shared with other Haven guests on deck 15.

When at the glaciers and the ship rotates the viewing points you will have for the most

part an unobstructed total view of the glacier with ample opportunity to pose selfies

and other pictures.

Aft of the deck Haven sun deck there are key controlled gates* to go down to the sports

deck activities - plenty of photo opportunities as the JEWEL slips away to another port.

*Key card required to return from out of the Haven  (up the stairs) to deck 14/15.

Have not seen a video of 15000 - have stayed in 15500 - presume that 15000 is a

mirror image - BUT not sure the stock pictures don't match up 

Thank you for all of your great info! 

You are welcome - Cruise Well !

On 2/22/2019 at 7:50 AM, MHKBCrusin said:

We just booked a cruise on Norwegian Jewel, Suite 15500. It is apparently a relatively new cabin since NCL doesn't even have a floor plan posted for it. Has anyone been in it yet who can give us any insights?

It is right on NCL's site  881x400_Jewel_Haven_H2_Deluxe_Owner's_Su

On 3/23/2022 at 1:10 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

It is right on NCL's site  881x400_Jewel_Haven_H2_Deluxe_Owner's_Su

That image is flawed - disregard that NCL deck plan floor plan !

The recent (2019) upgraded floor plan is not like that image !

Use this - - -

Norwegian Jewel Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

Click on deck 15 and mouse over to the YouTube TV icon 15500 and watch the two

videos showing the actual dimensions and floor plan.

One thing I can't comment on is if 15000 is the mirror image of 15500 waiting

for some CC member to post a video or text report - - - - -

An OUTSTANDING cabin for a couple - adding another couple with the second

3/4 bath is still all right - top of the ship - top of the world - - -

Consider the 18 stairs to deck 15 - no elevator - very private indeed -

just 2 cabins at this level.

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, MHKBCrusin said:

Two bathrooms ... one full bath including shower and commode  right when you enter room and another linked to the master suite complete with tub, shower double sink and commode etc.  Then, outside of the master suite on the balcony is the hot tub. You can get to the balcony from the master bath and from the master bedroom.

Wow nothing like our DOS on the Gem, though we loved the cabin the balcony was huge hot tub higher you needed to climb a few stairs. As long as you don't mind the noise from the pool it is a great  location.

• 1 month later...