Transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami

aaalynn1

53 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Your loss. 

No need to be a butt about it...I gave my experience, and DebOinKC gave her experience. Wow. By all means everyone take Uber. I don't care. Lol. Geez. I was just giving my OPINION...And you know what they say, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DebOinKC said:

We used Uber for the first time in October of last year from Miami to FLL airport. A couple of weeks after we're back home I got some emailed receipts for using Uber is San Francisco...I'm in Missouri. Our Uber account had been hacked. We did eventually get our money credited back to my card but it was a headache to deal with. So needless to say, we won't use Uber again.

I am so sorry that happened to you but I'm so thankful you got your money back! Uber is not for everyone so it's totally a personal preference! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kate P.C said:

Ok, now I am worried. I need a ride from Miami to FLL, and coz it's late at night and I would be with luggage, I thought Uber would be easy and safe. I am always cautious where I put my credit card details, and now I actually have to! Everything else would be to expensive for my ride to FLL. And the train will be too much in an unfamiliar area, late at night, 2 suitcases... 😞

Please, do whatever you would like to do. My comment was not to make you NOT use Uber, just giving you a heads up of what happened to me and the experience I had. I have also taken Uber many times and this was the first horrible thing I had happen to me. Again, if taking Uber is something you want to do then by all means do it. Safe travels! 

8 minutes ago, Tminish said:

No need to be a butt about it...I gave my experience, and DebOinKC gave her experience. Wow. By all means everyone take Uber. I don't care. Lol. Geez. I was just giving my OPINION...And you know what they say, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one! 

Not being a butt. Just pointing out the obvious. You have no idea who, what, where, or when your info was stolen. You may have purchased something from John's Candle Factory using the same password as you use for Uber. Which is normal. And then a hacker grabbed your password and sold it. The info is then run against all major services, like Uber, and then voila, someone uses your account. Uber has nothing to do with it. But you are basically bad mouthing the service all over the internet. If Uber was hacked, it would be international news.  So that's the point, your opinion is irrational, probably totally unfounded, and may effect very real decisions from others. Is it really wrong for someone to call you out on it? 

And again, YOU GOT YOUR MONEY BACK. Lol.  Really. And you used a credit card that protects you from hackers.  So what are you so upset about? Everything worked exactly as it should. 

Edited by BNBR

2 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Not being a butt. Just pointing out the obvious. You have no idea who, what, where, or when your info was stolen. You may have purchased something from John's Candle Factory using the same password as you use for Uber. Which is normal. And then a hacker grabbed your password and sold it. The info is then run against all major services, like Uber, and then voila, someone uses your account. Uber has nothing to do with it. But you are basically bad mouthing the service all over the internet. If Uber was hacked, it would be international news.  So that's the point, your opinion is irrational, probably totally unfounded, and may effect very real decisions from others. Is it really wrong for someone to call you out on it? 

My information was not stolen....My card was not stolen. MY Uber driver charged me a $200 cleaning fee when I did not leave any type of trash, or mess as he claimed in his vehicle. Never did I say anything about my card being stolen. Uber confirmed that my driver DID charge me the $200 fee. As I mentioned in my original post, he submitted a picture of a seat that was not his. I also stated that if my mother and I had not taken pictures INSIDE his vehicle we would've never been able to prove that the picture the driver submitted did NOT match up with the picture we took. The driver of Uber definitely had something to do with it. And as far as I'm concerned so did Uber since he drove for them. 

As I said, I don't care if you or anyone on cruise critic or in this world uses Uber. It's a preference..And it's not mine! I was just stating MY EXPERIENCE. Is that against the law? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I made it to FLL but not with Uber. I couldn't register my cards, two of them didn't work with Uber. Also, when I went to choose the cheapest Uber ride,  which was about $65 that night due to busy schedules, it said one suitcase per person. Well, i had two. At 10 pm and no car ride, I had no other choice but to get  a taxi. After 30 min I was in FLL and the taxi ride, although very pleasant, cost me $82. That's it for savings 🙂