Need suggestions for decorating door to room on ship in Alaska

thecoop

Wife and I will be going in May to Alaska and want to make our room decorated. We have already purchased magnetic paper that we can run through our printer and stick it to the cabin door. Just want a few "tasteful" suggestions for what to put on it. Thanks in advance.

why would you want to decorate a door?

Thanks for asking exactly what I was thinking. I've never seen or heard of this.

Cruiselines allow it?

Crucero-Amante,

Was your reply serious or in jest? At first I thought you were joking but now I'm beginning to think you were being serious after reading some more replies.

Do people really decorate their cruise doors so they can find their cabins when they've had too much to drink?

Do people really decorate their cruise doors so they can find their cabins when they've had too much to drink?

In 6 cruises on Princess & Celebrity, I've seen about a dozen doors decorated (other than balloons the cruiseline might put up for a birthday or anniversary).

Not sure if it's for finding your room when drunk, or an overactive Arts & Crafts gland.

And we usually do a couple of laps of different cabin decks each evening, so we end up seeing most of the doors by the end of a cruise.

I just thought it would be neat to do. We do not drink much, maybe 1 drink every cruise. So it is not for finding the room. Just thought it would look nice. Wife likes stuff like that. I was thinking of a sign saying "If this ship/room is rocking don't bother knocking!"

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I like them all. I was thinking of whales, eagles, a glorious sunset or sunrise with seagulls in the distance. Maybe a cool drink with a person sitting under an umbrella on deck. Something like that.

Just trying to make the door a conversation piece. Our room is right around the corner from the elevators and the dining room. So I know it will be a tad noisy but hopefully will give the people something to comment on. LOL. Leth the comments begin. I am very thick skinned so it won't bother me if people make some outlandish remarks about it being tacvky or something.

Thanks again.

Thanks for asking exactly what I was thinking. I've never seen or heard of this.

Cruiselines allow it?

Crucero-Amante,

Was your reply serious or in jest? At first I thought you were joking but now I'm beginning to think you were being serious after reading some more replies.

Hello Jane, both of my replies were in jest.

But don't tell anyone. ;)

In 6 cruises on Princess & Celebrity, I've seen about a dozen doors decorated (other than balloons the cruiseline might put up for a birthday or anniversary).

Not sure if it's for finding your room when drunk, or an overactive Arts & Crafts gland.

And we usually do a couple of laps of different cabin decks each evening, so we end up seeing most of the doors by the end of a cruise.

I finally know what is wrong with me, an overactive Arts and Crafts gland. That explains why I volunteer to teach a craft when the silly Cruise staff brings the same craft 2 days in a row.

By the way, I also decorate our door with a 12 by 12 piece of scrapbook paper which depicts something to do with the specific cruise and our names. I also have two "paper dolls". for lack of a better word, with our names on them. I have received many cute comments from passer-bys.

It does make it easy to find our door, and we don't drink that much.

Carol

Hello Jane, both of my replies were in jest.

But don't tell anyone. ;)

That's what I thought, but then when I saw the other replies, I thought .....well, maybe.

Now I know it's due to an overactive arts and crafts gland! LOL!

Jane

Archived