Looks like pre-booking of Internet plan is now available

crunchii

7 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

I went with Premium because I needed to use Wi-Fi calling to receive a call for login verification purposes.  Do you think that would have worked with the Surf plan based on what you were seeing? 

I think so. If you have something mission-critical, I'd have someone make a test call to me before I needed to receive the login call. I spoke to @richwmn on a ship over VOIP and it worked fine. It had the same hollow sound as a normal VOIP call, but I could hear him fine. He was on the ship and I was on a regular AT&T landline.

• Thanks 1

I can stream our home TV service with an app on my iPad anywhere we happen to be.  Since TV selections on HAL are so abysmal I was hoping to use the app on our upcoming cruise. (Earbuds if in public areas of course). With what I have been reading here I am in a quandary as to whether to purchase the premium or mid package. 

Any suggestions?  

1 minute ago, sapper1 said:

I can stream our home TV service with an app on my iPad anywhere we happen to be.  Since TV selections on HAL are so abysmal I was hoping to use the app on our upcoming cruise. (Earbuds if in public areas of course). With what I have been reading here I am in a quandary as to whether to purchase the premium or mid package. 

Any suggestions?  

Since you will need to stream to watch movies or shows, I would think you will need the premium package.  It's the one that permits streaming.

3 hours ago, sapper1 said:

Any suggestions?  

You'll have to be alert for enforced data caps. The plans all have nominal stated caps. I think it was 500 MB/day on the premium plan. They weren't enforcing the caps when we were on the Zuiderdam, but if they do, you're not going to do a lot of video streaming with only 500 MB. An hour of 480p streaming uses about 560 MB of total data. (According to the YouTube streaming guide.)  If you can download shows to your computer ahead of time while you are still at home, you'll be better off.