Shore Excursions through big box store

andymattmom

I’m not sure if we can name the store- know we can’t do travel agents. One Iof the three named big box stores offers shore excursions- same money back guarantee they are known for, smaller groups, lower prices (additional 10%off on top) and guaranteed not to miss ship. Has anyone used/reviews?

Example an excursion in Cozumel for underwater cave $135 on NCL , box store $95-10%. Even with $50 per port credit by NCL a big savings for family of 4. 

8 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

How do we get latitudes discounts? We are silver

Silver gets 10% off the shore excursions. you should see this discount online. if not, when you are onboard the ship they will provide the discount when you make the purchase

12 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

How do we get latitudes discounts? We are silver

When you log in to NCL, and book excursions, you should get a 10% discount on any NCL excursions.  We are also Silver and got the discount on our last NCL cruise.  But.....I am going to check out the Big Box you wrote about.

Edited by snow1

9 minutes ago, snow1 said:

When you log in to NCL, and book excursions, you should get a 10% discount on any NCL excursions.  We are also Silver and got the discount on our last NCL cruise.  But.....I am going to check out the Big Box you wrote about.

NCL with discount $121 x2=242- 50 = 198

Box store 95-10% =85.50x2= 171

For our family of 4 $54 cheaper- difference is NCL lists 7.5 hours . Box store 6 hours - and $24 for taxi to meet up point so $30 in the end. 

Just saw they also had much smaller groups 

I book usually directly with the vendor.  Always a better price.  Never have to wait for 50 people to load a bus and go to the bathroom at scheduled potty breaks.  I only book private and no more than 12 people on any excursion.  Now, if I were in a port for a limited time (8-12) or something I would consider the ship but that is the only time.

I appreciate the replies. I had specifically wanted to know if anyone had booked excursions this way. I normally don’t book through cruise line. I did one on this cruise for Harvest Caye- can’t beat $12 paddle boarding for 4 (shore excursion credit per cabin and latitudes discount).

For other ports (we normally go Eastern Caribbean) I am not familiar with. I searched the Caribbean port forum here- in Roatan I found a highly recommended private tour (I’ve been in contact with gentleman and have that confirmed). Cozumel and Costa Maya are where I was having trouble- nothing on the forum interested me , read on trip advisor the activities in the ports and still at a loss. 

I found a 2 port deal on the store website that was for ruins in Costa Maya and El Cielo and reef in Cozumel. I can book those two for a lot less than individual company or NCL with discounts and excursion credit. 

Thank you again 

20 hours ago, andymattmom said:

. Cozumel and Costa Maya are where I was having trouble- nothing on the forum interested me , 

Hi, if you haven't been to Cozumel before a circle drive is perfect.  Rent a car for the day and DIY.  I trust Isadora/ISIS car rental.  If you go with the others you'll need to buy insurance and take a video of your jeep/car first.  If you have a credit card that provides the insurance *in Mexico* that will work too.

Just google DIY circle or I can send you an itinerary.  I've typed it so many times now it's almost memorized. 🙂  My husband is a diver and goes to Cozumel every year. Sometimes I go with and sometimes I send my brothers.  Anyhow the island is fabulous and snorkeling and sea life are amazing.  Personally, I am going straight to Punta Sur and snorkeling and spending the day there with my children while my hubby dives.  If you don't want to go that far, Chanakanaab has a great beach (that isnt a "party" beach) and there is great snorkeling there.  HUGE beach.  Lifeguards.  Bring your DL for a life vest and they'll return it to you when you return the vest.  Others things to do in Chanakanaab as well but I'd spend the day on the beach there.

• Thanks 1