Forecast of Rain--what to do?

txseashell

My husband and I will be leaving on the 1/21 Grand Princess to Mexico and Belize. I checked the extended forecast and it seems rain has been predicted the entire week! Any tips or suggestions on alternative excursions???? Thanks.

Usually the rain only lasts for a short time so it won't affect much of your day. I'd just pack an umbrella and enjoy myself. Weather forecasts are voodoo science anyway. Just because it says rain next week doesn't mean it won't change by next week.

i always take a small umbrella. but honestly, one of our CCers checked the long forecast and was sooooo worried for it predicted allot of rain. it rained maybe twice for 15 minutes and then the sun was out again. I really would not worry about it. Its the Caribbean and its troical-rain comes and goes but this is not the rainy season

Enjoy

All great advice. Tropical storms are very short-lived. I've experienced several on the islands, and just pull out my handy-dandy pocket poncho. Y'know, the little $1 ones from dollar stores.;) Mother Nature may just smile on you, who knows?

Long range forecasts for the tropics are as reliable as they are for your home. Mostly you see "averages" posted, as they don't have much idea what's gonna happen a week from now.

Like folks said, a small umbrella and a cheap poncho are good insurance. Worrying won't help none.

It rained while I was in Cozumel in December. I had a great laugh at all the people running out of the ocean to get under cover. The rain is very warm in the tropics, you'll dry quickly if it does rain. Take a poncho or umbrella and have fun.

I don't even check the weather forecast anymore, because it's almost always wrong.

Either it says it's going to be beautiful, dry and warm, and when I get there, it's raining buckets and I'm not prepared,

or

It says it's going to rain, I get all bummed out for a week, then when I arrive, the weather couldn't be better.

When I went on a land-based vacation in Cabo last October, everyone was predicting that a hurricane would hit either right before I arrived, or while I was there. Turns out the weather was absolutely perfect.

T

Archived