Just Back from the Miracle

mrkrpan

Just got home from the Miracle today - going to write a more formal review in the next few days, but wanted to put a few thoughts down -

Embarkation -

a total breeze - arrived at port at 10am (very anxious) and was on the ship having lunch by 11:30am - was in the first group with LFritz to board -

Food -

in a word - YUMMY - I'm pretty fussy, and had no problems finding food - so much selection, incredible service - wait staff was fantastic...

Weather was perfect - obviously, this is subject to change, but we were lucky with fantastic weather....

debarkation - super smooth - hung out on Lido deck snacking on breakfast goodies until they called our color - and we were thru customs, luggage packed, in our car, and out of the port, on the highway in 40 minutes!!

My only complaint, and it's a small one, is with the programming - or lack of it - in the Camp Carnival program. There were many times where there were great adult friendly activities and nothing planned for the kids, so we could not participate in those adult oriented activities. There were also times when there was freeplay in the club room, but it was boring and a little young for my almost 8 year old. There were only about 3 or 4 times this was a problem, but it is something that I will let Carnival know about. Would not worry me in the future, but just know that there are gaps in "coverage" for child care/activities.

We had booked a 4B guarantee, and got a 5A - obstructed view - so nice and quite exciting...still on deck 4 (Main), but nice room with the french doors!

Let me know what other specific questions you have and i'll be happy to answer!

Enjoy

Robin

mrkrpan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until we sail on the Carnival Miracle

Carnival Miracle, April 2004

Disney Wonder, March 2002

Grand Princess, December 1991

Thanks for the great review. I was wondering what time we should get to the port, and you answered my question on that one. It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for taking the time to write!

-kim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail the BRAND NEW MIRACLE!

mrkrpan,

Looking forward to a more detailed review!!

Glad to hear that you loved the 5A, as that is what I have booked!!

Even happier that you loved the food and service.

Can't wait to hear the details!!!!!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Glad to hear you had a great cruise.

Were there a lackof kids onboard? I hate to think that was a reason behind the stuff for kids to do.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Welcome back. I am very interested in any information about the Miracle as we are considering sailing this ship next. Isn't the spirit class just fantastic!

carnival.jpg

Tony

2004 Legend March 28th

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

okay mrkrpan - you jumped ahead of me - we got home late last night (after a pit stop in Savannah to see my mom, and a visit to our local Mexican restaurant) - today has been sleeping late (got to be a habit) and doing laundry - mrkrpan and I are talking about doing a review togther, as she has some perspectives I don't, and vice versa.

I would definitely agree on the food quality issue - the food on this ship was far superior to other Carnival cruises from the past - particularly the Bitter and Blanc and the Grand Marnier Souffle (a personal favorite) - I have not stepped on the scales, so don't know yet how much I gained, but I did not exercise much self-control!

The "It's a Miracle" Cruise in ..............

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;04;03;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

There were over 600 kids on our cruise. The schedule was such that there were gaps in the day, or times when you had to get your child during lunch or dinner. You are penalized if you do not pick up your child on time - $$! The camp is closed from 5-6pm, but you can take your child (most nights) to the Lido deck to sign them in to Camp Carnival and they can eat dinner up there. Also, the schedule was not true to the Capers each day - and no annoucements were made. One day there was an activity scheduled up on the sports deck - it was very windy - we went all the way up there and there was a sign on the sports cage that the activity was in Frankenstein's - so we RAN from deck 10 forward to Frankenstein's - which was on deck 2 aft - so that my son could be there for the start of the activity - an announcment would have been very helpful.

Don't get my comments wrong - there was plenty to do, but this is one area that they can improve on. I'm sure that other children had a great time, but we only have Disney to compare to.

Robin

mrkrpan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until we sail on the Carnival Miracle

Carnival Miracle, April 2004

Disney Wonder, March 2002

Grand Princess, December 1991

Archived