Hotel recommendations in Anchorage

kwbrad

On 7/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, puppymama1 said:

Can you tell me how the areas are around either the Marriott Springhill Suites (3401 A Street) or the Hampton Inn (4301 Credit Union Drive)?  We are trying to decide between those two for our one night stay after our flight from Atlanta and before we drive up to Denali.. We won't be in the room very long, but want to be in a safe area (hopefully) without panhandlers.  We are staying on points which is why we need either a Hilton or Marriott property.  I read that the Springhill Suites was near Walmart, which would also be convenient for picking up snacks, bottled water and Diet Coke for our trip... thanks!

This area is in our midtown, and, you'd basically be staying in a very commercial area.  Lots of hotels, office buildings, Lowe's, Home Depot, and, restaurants (most of them nationwide chains).

Yes, Springhill Suites is near a WalMart, also, the city library, Natural Pantry (a natural food store, rather big) and a movie theater!  Several corners near the WalMart do have panhandlers(you just tell them no, and, move on) on them, but, WalMart has security drive the parking lot!

I live here, and, would have no problem walking around in either of the others you have mentioned.  For a few years, I even lived just north west of the Hampton Inn, and, never had any problems, walking my dog!

Susan in Anchorage 🙂