Carnival Magic - cabin selection HELP :)

So I’m pulling the trigger on booking an 8 day southern Caribbean on the Magic to celebrate my 40th, May 2020.

I need help with cabin selection! Im definitely  booking a balcony room; it will be me, my mom and my daughter who will be 4. For those of you that have sailed on Magic or other dream class ship, what deck do you like best??? Im looking at either Lido or deck 8 now, I think. I dont know what area is best either, aft, mid, fwd?? Port or starboard??What are you thoughts and experiences?? Pros/Cons.

I havent cruised in 5,000 years and have only had interior cabins before.

Im booked on the Panorama in Feb 2020, I have an aft extended balcony in the Family Harbor but obviously that’s not an option in this class ship. Im excited to check both of these ships out!

Thank you!

We are sailing on the Magic in March of 2020 and have a Lido balcony booked in room 10265.  We have stayed in this same room on the Magic and Breeze we love Lido deck so close to everything. Easy to go back to the room if you forget something.

• Like 1

We are on the magic in december 2020.  we chose a balcony mid ship, between the two sets of elevators and we chose the Empress deck (deck 7) because there are staterooms above and below, so we don't have to worry about noise from kitchens or discos or clubs or whatever,  just noise from regular people's rooms.   fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

We were on the Magic Lido deck - cabin 10282 - last year and loved it! Best location we've ever had and will probably always book Lido or above forward from now on. We're booked in a spa balcony on Deck 11 on the Breeze in July.

I book Empress deck on most cruises, IF it is a deck sandwiched between decks of other cabins. as a light sleeper I like having cabins above and below me as It's generally quieter. It's a short walk up to Lido, a short walk down to all the Promenade activities. We do stairs when possible as quicker and doesn't hurt to walk off few calories from all that food.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

We were on the Magic in Sept 2018. Our cabin was on deck 7. It seemed to be a good location, easy access to deck 5 and the Lido. Only thing I would look for is to make sure you're not near the Atrium stairs or elevators.  

Oh no! The room I booked is near all of those things. I booked deck 9 #9274. Well hopefully it’s not going to be too noisy. My mom wears a hearing aid and my kid wouldnsleep through an explosion so guess ill be packing esr plugs for myself 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

9639EE3E-A7B3-47D3-96D1-4764FFBF25C3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JustLikeHeave80 said:

Oh no! The room I booked is near all of those things. I booked deck 9 #9274. Well hopefully it’s not going to be too noisy. My mom wears a hearing aid and my kid wouldnsleep through an explosion so guess ill be packing esr plugs for myself 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

We were in 7277 similar location to your cabin. It was terribly noisy. Either from music/noise coming for the atrium or just the amount of  noise from the foot traffic. I consider myself a heavy sleeper. I'm military and pilot but it kept me up until midnight or later.