FTTF Out of Tampa

Jnew2176

I know this is a personal preference more than anything. I have read reviews were embarkation out of Tampa was already fast moving and there was not great signage as far as where to go for early boarding members. Ports are the Keys and Cuba so I don't believe any priority there as far as FTTF. Does anyone have any experience leaving out of this port with FTTF?

Thank you all!

DH works part-time at the Port of Tampa and there is a special area for FTTF. When you leave security, there will be two or three employees right there directing people. Just ask them where to go. FTTF passengers board after Diamond and Platinum members.

18 minutes ago, Jnew2176 said:

Ok. Thanks! Just read a few that mentioned it wasn't a great value in Tampa. Purchased it anyways just like all other cruises!

I don’t see why Tampa is any different than any other port.  I have sailed out of three ports in Florida (Miami, Tampa and Canaveral) over the last several months and all three ports are basically the same the way they process passengers into the terminal.  Maybe what you heard was related to lines not getting extremely long at Tampa since only Fantasy and Spirit class ships can sail out of there, and they carry fewer passengers than the rest of Carnival’s fleet???

We had it last year for our Miracle cruise to Panama but traffic was so miserable on the drive down we ended up not getting on board until after 2 anyway.  (And we live in Orlando!) It was still nice to have for priority guest services but we don't feel like we really got full use of it that time.  At least we bought it way in advance of the price hikes last year lol.