Hilton Odaiba Tokyo travel times

daddyo

We are Hilton Diamond Members and are considering stay at this location on points prior to our cruise. I’m trying to get an idea of travel times and cost from the HND airport to the Hilton and then to the Yokohama Cruise terminal via a private transfer.  Any experience and advice would be appreciated. 

By far depending on traffic:  a bit less than half an hour from HND, a bit more than an hour to port of Yokohama.

I would ESTIMATE that a taxi/private car will cost $60+ USD for HND to the Obaida.  From the Obaida to Yokohama, at least $200+ USD.  No, I'm not kidding.  Public transportation is so good in Tokyo - taxis are incredibly expensive and usually unnecessary.  

Have you looked at the Hilton in Shinjuko?  Unlike the Obaida, it's in a Very good location for sightseeing, etc.  Door to door Airport Limosine from HND to the hotel.  (Note that this is actually a public bus service.  Super efficient, inexpensive and easy.).  Public transportation by train to Yokohama is easy from that location.

Edited to add:  I found this information On the hotel website.  My estimated taxi costs were a little low.  But evidently,  the Airport Limousine does go from HND to the Obaida at a cost of $5 USD per person. 

Edited by jkgourmet

Last fall we actually stayed at the Shinjuko Hilton for five days post cruise.  We booked on points and upgraded to a Executive floor room.  Loved the Executive club for breakfast (both Western and Asian options).  And we also had dinner there several nights too.  Location is excellent, and each night we enjoyed a walk in the park across the street.  

We had contacted the hotel concierge, and they  organized a private car to pick us up from the cruise terminal in Yokohama and transport us to the hotel.  We are. Currently traveling so can't look up the exact cost but our recollection was that it was US$170 for the eighty minute transfer.   We thought the cost was reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Last fall we actually stayed at the Shinjuko Hilton for five days post cruise.  We booked on points and upgraded to a Executive floor room.  Loved the Executive club for breakfast (both Western and Asian options).  And we also had dinner there several nights too.  Location is excellent, and each night we enjoyed a walk in the park across the street.  

We had contacted the hotel concierge, and they  organized a private car to pick us up from the cruise terminal in Yokohama and transport us to the hotel.  We are. Currently traveling so can't look up the exact cost but our recollection was that it was US$170 for the eighty minute transfer.   We thought the cost was reasonable.

This is great information.  I just booked the Shinjuko Hilton yesterday for our 3 days post cruise stay.  We are however arriving at the Harumi dock.  By what means did you contact the hotel concierge for cruise terminal pickup?  That sounds like a perfect solution for us.  Did you specify the time for pickup and then request that as your departure time from the ship?  Most of our cruising has been returning to the port of departure so we sightsee before the cruise and then take the airport transfer at the end.  So this is new for me.

Did you use a guide or tour company during your 5 day stay?  I’d love to hear of any tips you might have for staying in that area.

i see you are from Fairbanks.  We have a 4 day land pre-package with our cruise that starts in Fairbanks.  We are flying in the day beforehand.  Our itinerary says our tour starts at the Fairbanks Hotel.  I assume they mean the Westmark Fairbanks Hotel... I have to check so that I can add the night.  Do you have any suggestions what we might do during our free 24 hours in early August?

SoBaycruiser:  This will be a fast response as we are on the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse at anchor at Puntarenas, Chile waiting for the last tenders before departing.

We e-mailed the Shinjuko Hilton concierge to arrange the taxi for transportation.  They responded very quickly and provided the price quote (we had asked).  The private transfer price was added to our hotel bill.  We have priority disembarkation, so gave them a time which we knew we would have no problems making.  

We used TripleLights for two of our five days in Tokyo.  My husband and I had a private guide for the two of us, so we were able to efficiently cover a great amount of Tokyo in the two days we had the private guide.  The other three days we were on our own.  I am not much of a shopper, so when we were in e-mail contact with our guide we told him our interests.  He provided a tentative list/itinerary which was perfect.

Which cruise line are you using in Alaska?  Since you are assuming the Westmark Fairbanks will be the hotel, can I in turn assume that you are on a HAL package?  If so, I know that HAL in the past has also used the Princess Fairanks and also Sophie Suites as hotel properties.  The HAL land plan in Fairbanks includes the Riverboat Discovery and Gold Dredge #8, so don't do those on your own.  Depending on your interests, consider the Museum of the North (located on the UAF campus) or the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum.  If you are perchance booked at Sophie Station, it is a Fountainhead property and offers a tram circuit for their guests; one of the stops is the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum.  Also, consider renting a car for the day and heading to the Chena Hot Springs Resort.  Lots of ideas on the Fairbanks Convention and Visitor's Bureau website.