On board Restaurants

aaalynn1

Talk to me about your favorite on board Restaurant.  Im interested in how different the pay for dinner is at Cucina Del Capitano and Pig and Anchor BBQ as opposed to the free lunch there. Is it worth the money?

2 hours ago, aaalynn1 said:

Talk to me about your favorite on board Restaurant.  Im interested in how different the pay for dinner is at Cucina Del Capitano and Pig and Anchor BBQ as opposed to the free lunch there. Is it worth the money?

Cucina lunch is just a pasta bar and it's free. The dinner is excellent, full service Italian restaurant. The Steakhouse is our favorite 2 nights per 7 night cruise.

I have never paid extra for food on Carnival and never saw the need.  Pig and Anchor BBQ is free and probably the best food on the ship.  Go early in the cruise before the other passengers catch on.

• Like 1

Jiji was amazing. That restaurant alone will make us look at the newer ships. We were disappointed that the next horizon Christmas cruise had the identical itenerary as last year. Thus we are sailing a ship without Jiji. 

9 hours ago, BENHANDEL said:

Jiji was amazing. That restaurant alone will make us look at the newer ships. We were disappointed that the next horizon Christmas cruise had the identical itenerary as last year. Thus we are sailing a ship without Jiji. 

YUP, I'm a certified card-carrying cheapskate, but I brokedown and spent the money for JiJi's. Actually, that's not true, the first time it was on Carnival as a anniversary present. Since then, on me and worth EVERY penny. The duck and the pork belly are out of this world. we're tryin the hibachi restaurant on Panorama this Jan.

• Like 1

Jiji's and the Steakhouse are beyond worth the extra charge IMO.  Jiji's is more fun if you have a decent size group of people as it is served "family style" so more people = more dishes to try.

The friends we cruise with did Cucina the night we did the Chef's Table and they said it was excellent and i totally trust their opinions.